Firecalc innards?

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to see the innards of Firecalc.

I am planning on using it to check to make sure my parents are OK on their spending levels after they have made some moderately large changes in their financial structure.

I know early on in its development it was being compared against intercst's spreadsheet and a few errors were found and fixed in both the spreadsheet and Firecalc. But since then there have been several advances to Firecalc and I don't know if those advances have been tested or work properly.

I'd hate to tell my parents that they're doing just fine, keep up the good work, etc., and then find out that dory missed a minus sign somewhere.

So I'd like to either see the script, or the Excel worksheet, or the intermediate calculations and functions to make sure that everything is correct for my particular use. Having the intermediate results would also allow me to confirm that there are no PICNIC errors.

If it matters, I would be using the advanced version of the tool, and entering in a stock/bonds/cash portfolio, a pension, and two social security payments. I want to see the calculations behind both the porfolio survival rate results and the annual spending vs. porfolio survival rate sensitivity analysis results.

If it's just in a script, then the script would be fine.

If there is a concern about intellectual property, I would be willing to just get the info via PM and even sign a non-disclosure agreement if necessary.

Thanks,

2Cor521

Probably the best way to reassure yourself of the methodology is to have Firecalc create a spreadsheet for you. That contains all the functions, so you can walk through the logic.

You can't do that with every option possible, but you can with most.

(The link in the left block of results goes to the spreadsheet with the formulas.

Attachments

• ss.gif
    ss.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 15
  • ss.gif_thumb
    9.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ss2.gif
    ss2.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ss2.gif_thumb
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
doh! I should have looked first :-[