FIRECalc Spreadsheets

Mdm963

Confused about dryer sheets
Does anyone know how to take the output multi-year spreadsheet and inflation-adjust the results? It seems the single and multi-year spreadsheets have different output years, otherwise I'd take the inflation factor from the single year spreadsheet and use for the multi-year spreadsheet to do the math.

Further, I noticed it's mentioned these spreadsheets are for "30 year terms only". As someone in their mid 30's looking to retire early and live for a while... I need more than a 30 year term.

Ultimately, I'm simply looking to output the result chart to Excel. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how to take the output multi-year spreadsheet and inflation-adjust the results? It seems the single and multi-year spreadsheets have different output years, otherwise I'd take the inflation factor from the single year spreadsheet and use for the multi-year spreadsheet to do the math.

Thirty of the inflation factors are in the single year spreadsheet B3:B32. To get them all, you'd have to make multiple runs, changing the start year on the Investigate tab by a bit less than 30 years at a time. Since there is about 100 years of data, it would take you four runs to extract the entire series.

Then it would just be a matter of applying those factors to the multi-year spreadsheet data.

Not sure why you'd want to do this though...?

Further, I noticed it's mentioned these spreadsheets are for "30 year terms only". As someone in their mid 30's looking to retire early and live for a while... I need more than a 30 year term.

The spreadsheet downloads are probably only supported for 30 year terms. But you can run analyses in FIREcalc for any length period you want. Just change "Full Years" on the initial tab to whatever number you want.

Ultimately, I'm simply looking to output the result chart to Excel. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

You can just insert a graph using the data in the multi-year spreadsheet, but that will only work for 30 year (or shorter) periods. I don't know of a way to do it for longer periods. You could try the "contact the author" link and ask for the feature, but it's my definite impression that the FIREcalc author is only maintaining the tool and not improving it.

There are other similar tools out there that might be able to do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom