Needed adjustment in calculator

tlk5353

Confused about dryer sheets
I love this calculator - I do planning for folks and it is simple and easy to use. I do wish however there was some way to choke down the inflation increases in later years. Since it factors inflation for 30 to 40 years or longer, it does not take into account that most folks will not be spending at age 85-95 what they were at 65-75. Would be nice to be able to adjust income needs in later years of life

It does that. Look at the tab for spending models
Bernicke's Reality Retirement Plan: Start with the constant spending power model, but use Bernicke's "Reality Retirement Plan". Current age:
Note: If you indicate you are 56 or older, then the spending will be reduced immediately.
Ty Bernicke's Reality Retirement Planning: A New Paradigm for an Old Science describes extensive research showing that most people see significant reductions in spending with age (not related to reduced assets or income). If selected, this option will reduce your inflation-adjusted yearly spending by 2-3% per year starting at age 56, and then stabilizing at age 76 to keep up with inflation. You should read his article for details if you plan to use this option.

It does that. Look at the tab for spending models
Bernicke's Reality Retirement Plan: Start with the constant spending power model, but use Bernicke's "Reality Retirement Plan". Current age:
Note: If you indicate you are 56 or older, then the spending will be reduced immediately.
Ty Bernicke's Reality Retirement Planning: A New Paradigm for an Old Science describes extensive research showing that most people see significant reductions in spending with age (not related to reduced assets or income). If selected, this option will reduce your inflation-adjusted yearly spending by 2-3% per year starting at age 56, and then stabilizing at age 76 to keep up with inflation. You should read his article for details if you plan to use this option.

perfect! that is helpful. Also do you know how I can see and print the results in the year by year format rather than the graph? I use to be able to see the year by year but cannot find that option

Back
Top Bottom