post-retirement consulting income

palomalou

Recycles dryer sheets
Is there a way in standard firecalc to add post-retirement consulting income that has an end date? Thanks!

No clear-cut way, but you can effectively do this on the "Other Income/Spending" tab. Enter the expected annual consulting income as "pension income" for whatever year you expect it to begin. Enter the same income amount as "off-chart spending" effective the year you expect to no longer have the income, which will cancel out the annual earnings.

post-retirement consulting income
Yes you can (such as a pension). Look at FC for the detail. I believe you can add up to three additional incomes and specify the number of anticipated years.

BTW, you are not really "retired". All you have done is taking a full time, to part time gig.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Many folks throttle back in anticipation of retirement. Just don't say that you are (like me) retired, and don't need to spend any time in trying to provide income, in any manner.

I worked too hard for the "title". Please don't diminish it...

No clear-cut way, but you can effectively do this on the "Other Income/Spending" tab. Enter the expected annual consulting income as "pension income" for whatever year you expect it to begin. Enter the same income amount as "off-chart spending" effective the year you expect to no longer have the income, which will cancel out the annual earnings.
That works, or use the Custom Spending module if you are a paid subscriber.

Back
Top Bottom