Suggestion re: results options

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Dory,

Would it be possible to combine "What happens if you retire in any of several years between now and years from now?" as an additional checkbox under "What is the success rate of your portfolio..."

Presently it is an alternate radio button, but I find it very valuable to look at the success rate and together see the "what if" possibilities listed on the same result screen. Conceptually they go well together from a planning perspective (i.e. they are not mutually exclusive).

I can get the info, but it means running two separate results.

Thanks for considering.

Rich

Can you elaborate a bit? Maybe tell me what you'd like to see on the screen?

The "What happens if you retire in any of several years between now and  years from now?" option simply runs the basic survival model repeatedly and displays the results.

(For no good reason -- here's where I was a couple of years ago, in your neck of the woods - Vinoy Basin, in St Pete.. DORY is the trawler with the natural wood stern.)

Attachments

• stpete.jpg
    stpete.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 64
  • stpete.jpg_thumb
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
dory36 said:
Can you elaborate a bit? Maybe tell me what you'd like to see on the screen?

Well, I like to save a link to the scenario, so I check that checkbox. I also like to test scenarios such that if the current scenario is a bit too risky for failure, I wonder what it would look like if I waited another year or so. As it stands, if I want the link saved, the failure rate for the current scenario, and a test of that scenario if deferred by a year, I can't get them on the same result screen.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that the "What happens if you retire in any of several years between now and years from now?" be offered as an extension of the basic result screen rather than a whole new result. An additional check box should do it, and then you could eliminate altogether the "What happens if you retire in any of several years between now and years from now" radio button.

Better yet, just calculate it by default as part of the basic results. Seems to only add 2-3 seconds.

(For no good reason -- here's where I was a couple of years ago, in your neck of the woods - Vinoy Basin, in St Pete.. DORY is the trawler with the natural wood stern.)
We go there a lot. The park just south of the Vinoy is where the have the annual blues fest and other events. We walk the pier, admire the boats and music; only live about 20 minutes or so from there. Next time you are out here, drop me a message.

Back
Top Bottom