unable to use Firecalc tabs

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was unable to click on any of the tabs your portfolio, investigate etc.
I could use it fine for the basic setting 40 years 1Mil portfolio 40K withdrawal but couldn't make any other changes.

I tried it using both firefox and chrome after a full reboot.

:(

I've had the same problem intermittently for a couple of months. What I've observed is that the content of each tab is displayed in order on the page. Do you see the content if you scroll down?

I'm running Chrome 33.01750.153. It doesn't happen every time I visit Firecalc, and everything still seems to work in terms of the calculations. I just chalked it up to a developer monkeying with the page and blowing a tag somewhere. Not that I've ever done such a thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

FWIW, I see the behavior described above in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I had this problem this week too, and just gave up and downloaded PRC. :D

I didn't think of scrolling, that solved the problem thanks PB. Although clearly when you click on a tab the correct behavior is to move you to a new position on the page.

What I've observed is that the content of each tab is displayed in order on the page. Do you see the content if you scroll down?
It's never done this on my PC (IOW the tabs work), but I noticed a long time ago that it appears as one long page on my iPad (tabs inactive). Just assumed it was by design.

I didn't think of scrolling, that solved the problem thanks PB. Although clearly when you click on a tab the correct behavior is to move you to a new position on the page.

Glad you found a work around, but something is clearly broken here - we're looking at the issue now.

I had the issue last weekend with Safari as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I've had it on and off in recent weeks, I'm ChromeOS.

Mee too. I kept trying to use it last week but the tabs wouldn't work, this happened using Win 8.1 with Chrome & Firefox browsers.

Then I realized I could simply scroll down, doh.

I was going to mention it here but by the time I got around to it I saw it had already reverted back to the normal behavior (tabs moving to separate pages).

Sorry I didn't mention it when I first saw it, might have saved clifp some hassle.

Last edited:
I was unable to click on any of the tabs your portfolio, investigate etc.
I could use it fine for the basic setting 40 years 1Mil portfolio 40K withdrawal but couldn't make any other changes.

I tried it using both firefox and chrome after a full reboot.

:(

Problems here too. I've used the calculator many times before. I've tried it both logged in and not logged in. This is all I get.

You have called the results page directly. You need to enter information so results can be calculated.
Click on "The Calculator" above.

I click calculator - enter data. Same error.

Problems here too. I've used the calculator many times before. I've tried it both logged in and not logged in. This is all I get.

You have called the results page directly. You need to enter information so results can be calculated.

I'm getting the same error. It was working yesterday, so I'm guessing this just appeared this morning?

I see this same error this morning as well.

My "Start Here" tab was overlayed with the "Investigate" tab using Chrome. Zooming out solved that problem.

Back
Top Bottom