Arthritis Remedies here!

Taking high quality fish oil tablets has helped decrease my tight back and occasional joint pain. Maybe it s"greasing the wheels"........

Truth is, I never saw a healthy fish swim around obvious pain, so maybe I'm on to something.........:D

I take high quality fish oil tablets for the Omega3--great for the heart muscles.

OMG the raisins thing is on TV right now! It's an infomercial for a book called Secret Food Cures. She mentioned the gin remedy as "9" raisins a day.

(I don't make a habit of watching informercials - it was the first thing that came on this morning, and I heard "gin-soaked raisins"...).

Although now I want the book, hahaha :uglystupid:

Seems there are two basic flaws with this remedy.

First off, the alcohol from the gin is going to evaporate. Thats just wrong.

Second, why the soaking period, except that some additional fermentation may occur....ohhh...now I get it...raisin jack!

My first thought was in line with wahoos...drink the gin and if necessary, eat the raisins.

Yeah, I caught that tv commercial the other day, too. And I thought I was on to something nobody knew of...ha!
The gin I used on my raisins I put so all of them got a good soaking. Well...the gin did not totally evaporate, and all I put on top of the glass pie pan was aluminum foil. It still--after a month--has not evaporated. Is there something extra in that Tanqueray?

Probably water. The two main contenders for why this remedy might not be a placebo are elements in the juniper thats in the gin and sulphur in the raisins.

Seems regular raisins dont do it..."white" raisins are full of sulfurs.

Cheap gin doesnt do it...cheap gin is just neutral spirits with some juniper flavoring added.

Back
Top Bottom