Bad Diagnosis for DW

So sorry to hear about your wife's condition. You just have to take things one day at a time and remember to do some things to take your mind off the problem.
Remember that you need to stay in good shape to be strong for her.

Johnnie, I am wishing the best for you both. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well.

-helen

I am sorry to hear about your wife's health problems, Johnnie. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

Hi Johnnie,
Of course, I will send my positive thoughts and prayers your way. +1 on taking good care of yourself.

Johnnie,

I'm also a not a religous person and I lost my wife to cancer 1 1/2 years ago. I will keep your wife in my thoughts and hope it all turns out well.

I'm just seeing this thread and sorry to read of your wife's problems. Hopefully she will get a better report after her shots. Keep us up to date. Prayers sent.

She had the blood work Monday and the results came back this morning; however, the physician is not in today and the results must be given by the physician directly to the patient. Have to wait until tomorrow. They've ordered a CT scan, had to get OK from insurance and now she has to have a blood test in order to do the scan "with contrast".
DW is getting very upset with all the tests. She hates this stuff and if I didn't do the leg work it wouldn't get done at all. I'll keep you posted.

DW finally had the blood work completed and tested negative for MRSA. I think she jumped the gun a little saying she was "diagnosed" with MRSA. They might have suspected MRSA and wanted to prove or disprove it, but it didn't come out that way from her. Anyway, she was cleared of MRSA. Still has to have the CT scan for lupus but it requires more blood work first and she wants to wait till we get back from our trip to NC.

Thanks for all the imput on the thread and for your concern.

What a relief that must be, Johnnie! I am so glad that she doesn't have MRSA after all. :)

I am not a doctor, but I sure do not understand how a CT scan can tell one anything at all about lupus.

I think I have to agree with LOL!'s comments here. Lupus is an auto-immune condition...and normally ANA blood work to used for diagnosis.
Glad there is no MRSA ! That is wonderful Johnnie.!

I am not a doctor, but I sure do not understand how a CT scan can tell one anything at all about lupus.
Neither am I. A search on "CT scan lupus" turns up many references, some of which seem to be saying that one reason CT scans are done is to rule out other causes of symptoms which may, or may not, be caused by lupus.

Johnnie, just back from travel but saw your post. All my best wishes.

BTW, I don't see any connection between the mastectomy and her lupus. These are complicated diseases where typical Google searching sometimes just adds to the chaos. Hopefully you have good doctors you can trust.

Yay! Not having MRSA is a Good Thing.

Back
Top Bottom