Chipped Tooth has Bitter Taste

John Galt III

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There I was, enjoying my lack of responsibility in ER, and suddenly I noticed one of my upper front teeth had a very rough edge. Looked in mirror, saw the tooth had one corner broken off. A few days later the other corner broke off. Showed it to a dentist and he said it was bruxism (grinding teeth at night). That was two months ago. No further chipping, happily. But there is a constant bitter taste emanating from the back of the chipped tooth. I should have asked the dentist about the bitterness, but did not. Internet searching says the bitter taste could be from an old filling which has been exposed, or could be from decay. Internet says the bitter taste is supposed to go away after days or weeks. But it has been two months and the bitter taste remains. No pain, just bitterness. I think I did, long ago, get a white filling in one of my front teeth, so I am thinking the chipping has exposed the inner core of this old filling which now is constantly leaking its effluvium into my mouth. Maybe they coat the fillings with something that seals them up, but when the seal is eroded, chipped off, out comes the bitter filling taste. Yes, I will go to my dentist eventually, about it. Just askin'. Any thoughts?

Go back to the dentist and ask...

Mine would not charge me a cent to look at it and let me know what he thought...

Heck, maybe even a call to the office will get you the info you need...

If you are chipping teeth from bruxism consider a night guard too.

Hi there... I've had a similar experience and was pretty sure I had a tooth infection. Can you handle raw garlic? If so, start with half a teaspoon of raw garlic on a piece of bread or toast. Drizzling some olive oil overtop, or honey (believe me it's good) takes the bite out of the garlic. Try daily or build to twice daily over a week or so. If it stops great... You probably had an underlying infection. This has worked for me. Garlic has strong antibiotic properties.

If this doesn't help or if you can't handle the garlic, I'd go see a dentist, definitely.

I thought it could kill, and it seems I'm right, so I'd see a dentist soon.

"The infected tooth can be fatal. A tooth abscess won't go away without treatment and the infection may spread to your jaw, cheeks, sinus, brain and to other areas of your head and neck. Dentist will treat a tooth abscess by treating the cause and getting rid of the infection."

The tooth may be fractured vertically. This can result in infection down under the gums. There doesn't have to be any pain, as the drainage (and bad taste) prevents a build-up of pressure. Go back to the dentist and ask if the gums are bad around the tooth.

Since your asking, are u nutz? i know a guy who died from a dental infection, put it on a credit card if ur broke, go back to the dentist, dont fool around with ur health. Seriously, if this was your child would you let him go 2 months like this? if its a money issue set up a go fund me page ill donate to u. im new here so i dont know ur financials.

Back
Top Bottom