Dental Express Ajijic

DEC-1982

Full time employment: Posting here.
Have any of you used the services at Dental Express Ajijic? I would welcome feedback on that or other dental places in the Lake Chapala area.

We will be taking a holiday in summer (CR and Mexico).

Yesterday DW visited her dentist for a regular cleaning and was told some required work (4 crowns) would cost between $5-6K. Since we will be visiting the Ajijic area, we decided to check costs there and saw the Dental Express site Dental Express - Cosmetic Dentist

We figured we might kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Although a visit to a dentist for significant work doesn't classify as a vacation.

This may not help you if you are looking for feedback about a specific dental group. But, if your question is more general, we just got back from CR. At the pool, we got to know a person who returns to CR regularly. Can't remember the exact type of dental work he was receiving but it was extensive and expensive in the States. He got all of the work done in CR. He built my confidence about the quality of dental care there.

Thanks for sharing that Dave.

I had already booked my travel, and it is easier for me to change just the return from Mexico, so I was looking at dental services in Mexico, and we saw this place in Ajijic. But it's good to know that services in CR are of good quality and priced reasonably. Since our trip is a fact-finding mission to some degree, everything I learn is useful.

We've lived at Lake Chapala for 3+ years full-time and know the medical and dental scene well.

Dental Express is certainly the most aggressive in its pricing but there are many, many other options here. My wife's and my favorite place overall is Chapala Dental Care (Chapala Dental Care - Lakeside Ajijic Dental Clinic & Dentists, 01-376-765-5584). Dr. Consuelo Sanchez is our go-to person there and they also have very skilled endodontists on staff. Have sent U.S. friends there for everything from routine cleanings to emergency root canals an all have been very happy.

The dental (and medical) scene here is very competitive and there's a decades-long history of people flying down, getting a lot of work done and spending a couple of weeks vacationing in the area and still coming out thousands of dollars ahead of U.S. prices.

Many friends do the same in Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morelos. We had general cleanings done for 200 pesos ($10-15 USD) a couple years ago. Same dentist did braces and veneers for a friend from KC, KA. All her work for around a $1,000 US over a 3 year period.

When we moved to PV, one of our friends was a retired dentist from Sacramento. He used the local dentists without reservations. The only problem was that caps have to be fabricated in GDL so you have to have enough time to get them (2 extra days).

OTOH many procedure are simpler. Whereas your dentist might suggest a root canal and cap, often the dentist will use light-sensitive material to patch up your tooth for 500 p.

Keith-
We love PV- travel there 3-4x a year. In fact, i am there solo at the end of April. I agree, very good medical and dental care in PV.

Back
Top Bottom