diagnosed with lymphoma

Well I got to ring the bell on the last scheduled chemo. Turns out my white count had doubled since Friday.
Wow! What a rebound! :clap: :clap:

Dw said I was walking stiff while looking at the ground with no side to side mobility in the neck.

Ratface, this is from the rad burns, not the chemo affecting your nervous system, correct? :hopeful: [why don't we have a hopeful smiley?]

Chemo nurse took one look at the neck and didn't say a word. Returned with a script from Doc for pain meds.
I like that nurse's style :cool:

DW filled it while I was getting infused. Miracles never cease, one dose and I can turn my head without pain. Guess I'll try and manage the constipation.

Can you say, "ElderTang"? [orange-flavored Metamucil]. It can add bulk that your intestines need. Check with your doctor first, of course.

Ratface, do you have a date yet for your next PET scan to see how much damage has been done to the cancer?

I'm sorry you have to fight with the insurance companies, but so glad you have the energy to do it. Don't hesitate to lay guilt trips, be a curmudgeon, or even kiss butt, if it will get you what you need. You are doing a helluva job at SURVIVAL!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amethyst

Just has been the very worst week so far. No energy. Taking a shower is a monumental task. The neck burns are a real PITA. Hard to get dressed in anthing that dosen't rub up on them. The supplements make me feel full and so I'm not eating as much as possible. Just came back from a 1/2 hour walk for the first time in a week. Felt really good. 8 RADS left, give me strenght!

... 8 RADS left, give me strength!

Believe me, I would if I could.

Dig deep my friend, you can find reserves of strength within yourself to get through this.

And from the Canadian prairies. May the force be with you!

Thanks everyone, feels like all over the world. Keep it comming. Stronger today and my Chicago bears beat the super bowl champs. On another note I'm trying to figure out how to organize my PM's but it eludes me. Is there some way to create a folder and stick them in particular folders. Does not seem to be any mechanism for sending them to any one place.

Go to "User CP" (in the blue or green bar across the top of this thread). Then look on the left under Private Messages, and click on "Edit Folders". You can create new folders just by typing in names for them and saving.

Then when you go back to look at your private messages, you can move messages into the folders as desired.

Last edited:
RF,

You're on the home stretch. Best wishes from Houston for a quick recovery from your treatments.

When this is all over for you Ratface, have you got anything fun planned?

Keep hanging in there. When your all done, I want you to enjoy a few of my med's.
img_857898_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

Freebird, I put the fear of God in both those insurance turkeys. Kept telling them I had nothing to eat and it was on them because of their negligent business practices. I know I was a jerk but I'm fortunate that DW and I both drive and live in a metro area where we could easily go buy some temp supplements. The problem is that there are many who cannot and might have been totally reliable on the supplements, I'm hoping they will act faster next time around. Both the insurance company and supplement provider called back to make sure the new order had arrived. Insurance lady said it bothered her all day saturday. I kind of believe her. The supplement lady just wants to safeguard her new out patient goldmine account with the hospital. Her I don't believe and don't care for much and communicated her inadequacy to the hospital dietician.
Heh heh heh...good deed done for that day. Hopefully the next person in this situation will face less resistance.
"Mad as h*ll and not taking it anymore" can come in handy, but remember to leave a few trusses standing on the bridge. ;)
Keep that spirit strong! :D

8 weeks done folks! 3 more treatments to go next week. Then it gets tough because they cut the apron strings and I sit around for nine weeks recooping and waiting to see if the treatment worked? I'm thinking thats going to be worse than actually being treated waiting and wondering? Radiation doctor is pleased with the way the node appears but this is microscopic stuff we're talking about? Only the PET scan will tell.

Hey, that's the spirit, ratface!

they cut the apron strings and I sit around for nine weeks recooping and waiting to see if the treatment worked?

Sort of like an RE portfolio, eh? ;)

Screening - Yes, my dentist looks around when I go for a cleaning, checking the tongue, gums, and whatever else he sees ...

Takes a couple of minutes - if your dentist DOESN'T - ask why not!!!

ta,
mew

Dentist I see does all of that and palpates front of neck for check on thyroid.

DW just went to see him recently, she said that was the best, most thorough initial exam she ever had.

Never knew that they can detect so much stuff.

8 weeks done folks! 3 more treatments to go next week. Then it gets tough because they cut the apron strings and I sit around for nine weeks recooping and waiting to see if the treatment worked? I'm thinking thats going to be worse than actually being treated waiting and wondering? Radiation doctor is pleased with the way the node appears but this is microscopic stuff we're talking about? Only the PET scan will tell.
Come on over to my house...I'll keep you busy. I need to paint and I sure could use a helper! :D

We'll still be around here when you get your results. In other words, we'll wait with you. :)

8 weeks done folks! 3 more treatments to go next week.

Did the doc tell you how soon you'll start to feel better (that is, after the treatments stop)?

Hi, Ratty, thanks again for the update, we'll be nervous along with you. As you say, the waiting will be a different kind of agony.

Very glad to hear the remaining treatments are so few.
Do you still have to minimize people contact due to suppressed immune system?

The waiting...oh boy :nonono:...I would suggest making up a list (write it down) of things you want to do every day, like read books, take naps :D, go for walks to public parks if feeling up to it, do jigsaw puzzles, knit a sweater ;) (just kidding), to keep your mind gainfully occupied. Idle time should be minimized to keep your mind from going to unpleasant trains of thought.
Keep posting...:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom