diagnosed with lymphoma

Ratface: Now that you are out of the woods, do say a prayer for the lesser patients like me that tomorrow starts the dental ordeal:LOL:
Extremely glad to see that you are in such good spirits:)

I haven't had a physical in 6 years when I did have a complete blood count and I was okay . Now, because of this thread, I am also having a Pap/pelvic exam, colorectal exam, just did the blood this a.m. and had the general physical yesterday where they were sitting there saying, "gee, I don't know what we can do for you" as nobody has ever found anything yet :LOL: (guess they got frustrated). Hoping I keep this perfect record up.
:greetings10:I'm so glad I read this thread. It has scared the b-jeepers out of me, which is good thing as some of us who don't get sick seem to need a good scare to get us to hit the Drs. Thanks thread!

Time of reflection

Hello all

2009 has pretty much sucked but I'm still here. Had a birthday yesterday on the same day my son came home from college. What a great feeling to be headed into the Thanksgiving holiday as a family. When I started this thread it was purely out of selfish horror to gain information. I'm so grateful to have helped a few others along the way. My 20 y/o son has quit smoking, My 28 year old nephew just started chewing nicotine gum, and some of you are making doctors appointments. I stop everyday to smell the roses and have a totally different perspective on things.

Orchid--so glad you went and got a clean bill of health, keep it up.

Vincente- talked to my neighbor yesterday, she is healing from her temps and they keep adjusting as she heals. When everything fits right and is healed then they put in the permanent teeth. She is doing well, somebody besides me that has gone to a diet of soups. Why dosen't anyone make a navy bean soup, life would be so much better with navy bean soup, I love navy bean soup!

So, all my pre-op came out fine. it's not like they did much considering I just had CT scans done. No need for chest x-ray or EKG. Listened to my heart, took my weight, asked me if I can open my mouth, asked about medicines and allergies and said see you on the 30th of November. They are even allowing me to have a cup of plain black coffee prior to surgery, that just makes my day. I'm going with the double "R" in cursive for the incision, cost a little more but I'm worth it.

Have a great and safe and peaceful Thanksgiving to all!

RF, you have helped yourself and a lot of other folks with this thread. Great to hear things are looking up for you.

I'm going with the double "R" in cursive for the incision, cost a little more but I'm worth it.

Yep. See if they will also throw in a nice set of cuff-links...

Attachments

• rolls-royce-cufflinks-lg.jpg
    rolls-royce-cufflinks-lg.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 367
Thanks for update ratty. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family.

Ratface: I´m glad to see you are doing fine.
By the way, I´m ashamed to say that I chickened out of the implants and into conventional dentures....:blush:

Ratface: I´m glad to see you are doing fine.
By the way, I´m ashamed to say that I chickened out of the implants and into conventional dentures....:blush:

No shame, just a different route.

Ratty, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am so glad your son quit smoking.

Ratty, enjoy your Thanksgiving and hoping you are around for many more. Glad that you have been able to spread the word and inspire other to make better choices healthwise.

Ratty, you aren't where you thought you'd be last Thanksgiving, but after the roller coaster of the last few months, you should have very hopeful holidays this year. Will be thinking of you next Monday and enjoy that pre-op coffee! Those wild and crazy docs!

I agree with you Ratface. Seems more than a few of us are being helped by you now...although what a way to do it. Find an easier way next time will you?
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy it all!!!!

Well, it's November 30th, ratface's big day. Here's wishing you good vibrations, ratface! :flowers:

Hi everyone

Surgery went well, so well I went home the same day. I was supposed to spend the night but when given the option I couldn't get out fast enough. The procedure is called a selective neck disection because the surgeon spares two major nerves and the jugular vein. Lymph or lymph nodes are removed that may contain disease. I don't know how many were removed or the pathology results yet. The nodes are counted by the pathologist. I also had several procedures done internally which is where I have the most pain. I had more biopsies of the original cancer site done and those are done immediately and were negative. A positive result would have changed the procedure. They also take the oppurtunity of having me out , to do some extensive scoping of the throat, esophogus, and part way into both lungs. Those exams were also clear for evidence of disease. The tube you see in the picture is a drain tube to promote healing. It must be working because I stopped taking the pain meds. I'm still taking antibiotics. I've been sleeping a lot which I don't understand but I'm not going to fight it. Appetite has been somewhat limited because of the pain from the biopsies although soups don't bother me. It is entirely possible that this may be the first time I am cancer free since diagnosis although I really won't know that for several months until my next CT scans.

I hope the picture isn't too much for anyone but I mainly wanted to scare "Vincente" into quitting smoking!! Time for a nap.

incision 3.JPG

Although I never smoked, your pic above definitely will make me never start..........

What wonderful news! Thanks for the update.

Out of the hospital the same day, and possibly cancer free? This is going to be the best holiday season ever for you and your family. :D

Such wonderful news....smooth sailing through the surgery, clear reports at this point AND you got to go home early to sleep in your own bed. :D

Now...make sure you cover up and stay warm...I hear it gets cold in your neck o' the woods...;)

Sleep and heal well my friend. :flowers:

Congratulations ! You are probably sleeping a lot because of the anesthesia and the stress leading up to the procedure . It's great news that the biopsies were negative . What a great Christmas present !

Ratface, Rewahoo and Financedude: I must admit that the pic is scary, but... something is terribly wrong with me- It won´t dissuade me from smoking. I´m not boasting, I am ashamed of myself. For the moment I can´t see myself being able to kick the habit.:blush::blush::blush:
Ratface, if your suffering and courage won´t make me quit....
So very very glad of your news:)!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom