Do you do your 30 min of aerobic exercise per day?

Here are a couple of shots of Waldo Lake in Central Oregon. It's a 22 mile hike around the lake. This is the second cleanest lake in the world, the lake water is basically distilled:
Helen, that's beautiful! Are there any developed or even primitive camp grounds on that loop. or just pitch your tent where you find a spot? I'm in the PWN so this is a hike I could really look forward to doing in the future.

--Linney

Helen, that's beautiful! Are there any developed or even primitive camp grounds on that loop. or just pitch your tent where you find a spot? I'm in the PWN so this is a hike I could really look forward to doing in the future.

--Linney

Hi Linney,

Yes, there are actually three camp grounds - two on the Northern side of the lake and one at the Southern (Shadow Bay). I'd wait till August - Sept. to go as the mosquitoes will be gone then.

We only saw three primitive camp sites on the loop, but the book we have said there were dozens of them. I suspect they were under water as the water level was really high due to the record amount of snow fall last winter. Most of the sandy beaches were submerged too.

Can you believe those photos are from a throw away camera? I had them developed and put on a CD.

If you do go to Waldo Lake, be sure and watch for Salt Creek Falls on hwy 58, it's very close to Waldo Lake and well worth the short jaunt to view them:

Attachments

• FH000001.jpg
    FH000001.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom