Do you like eating Spam ? DW and I argue about Spam

Told my wife that Spam is not so bad after all. BUT when we went back to Costco, the $5.00 rebate was gone. So, I'm picking up Spam once Costco is on sale again.

SPAM is great! I'd go back to church and start taking Holy Communion again if it had a slice of SPAM on it.

Back before I had to stop eating intense carbs I invented a new oriental dish: SPAM fried rice!

I think the Mark of Cain against SPAM is as someone mentioned it's highly high in sodium. Also, the pork and ham also includes a ton of FAT! It's like salami or baloney. Fat is used as an extender. If you have no problem with those two things I really don't understand what people have against it

I had to stop eating it because there is an antibiotic I have had an adverse reaction to that has a veterinary equivalent and if I eat meat from an animal that's been given that drug I will get bad reaction to it. So I limit my animal flesh to organic , wild, or otherwise verifiable as not having received antibiotics

Now, if they came out with organic SPAM .....

No food sold for public consumption has antibiotics in it....from milk to meat it's all carefully monitored. How would you have a reaction to meat from an animal that had carefully monitored vet care and proper withdrawal? I'm curious about this ,as far as organic meat, it reality it all about the honesty of the person producing the food. If you do it for peace of mind,I understand that but I hate for the public to misunderstand the quality of food on the selves in the grocery stores.

Just had some SPAM last weekend in Abu Dhabi!.....it wasn't the actual purpose of the visit there but a pleasant bonus! (plus a bunch of bacon, ham, ribs and some pork chops too!)
:)
:baconflag:

pizza

So on the topic of SPAM, has anyone every wondered why a Hawaiian pizza is "Canadian" bacon and pineapple?? It just doesn't make any sense so I will be making a true Hawaiian style pizza this week with diced SPAM (low sodium variety) and pineapple and then cooking it on our Traeger which is where I cook most of my pizzas these days. :dance:

I'll share a pic when it is done!! I may even sprinkle some Lychee powder on the pineapple like they taught me the last time I stayed in Oahu.

and no offense to all the Canadians living in Hawaii...... :angel:

Well I was on the front line producing meat and milk for 30 years, working with my vet, so I guess I must be uneducated and uninformed....I'm going to have to disagree about your comment of "slack" monitoring.Improper dosing and withdrawal times will result in condemned meat.

It must be very stressful to have a serious allergy.

My wife and I both love Spam sandwiches. I remember camping with my parents when I was a kid and having Spam and eggs for breakfast.

Aren't there some studies showing that a fatty diet helps prevent Alzheimer?

"A can of Spam a day keeps Alzheimer away" is the new proverb.

Last edited:
You need to catch up, and immediately go out to buy a carton of Spam to consume in the next week.

Oh wait! I need to check to see what kind of fat they talked about. Eating the wrong kind of fat will not help and may even hurt.

Okay SPAM fans

Here it is, the real Hawaiian 5-0 Pizza. Scrap that Canadian bacon, and replace it with diced SPAM. Take that diced pineapple and toss it in an amazing thing called Li-Hing powder which we first discovered in Oahu, on the food tour in Chinatown. Wash it all down with a Longboard (or 2) by Kona Brewing Co., and you have a pretty amazing pizza with incredible flavors, trust me. I used the take home pizza from Papa Murphy's and cook it in my Traeger. Good eats, Chef Johnny-O. :cool:

IMG_1024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom