Poll:Those who follow a LCHF (Low Carb High Fiber) Diet, What do you eat?

Do you have a LCHF diet as a lifestyle?

• Yes

Votes: 46 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sometimes (On and Off)

Votes: 42 32.8%

• Total voters
Nice recipes audreyh1...when you go low-carb it's very helpful if you enjoy eating eggs...
Right!

My brother said something about it being hard to believe the benefits when you are eating so much meat. I told him I was not actually eating more meat, but I was definitely eating more eggs!

I don't understand how 150 carbs a day is glucose friendly.
It’s still low compared to the standard American diet. If someone does not have insulin resistance or elevated insulin and has low triglycerides, they can probably handle 150g daily.

Here is a quote from Healthline.
The dietary guidelines recommend that carbs provide 45 to 65 percent of your daily calorie intake. So if you eat a 2000-calorie diet, you should aim for about 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day. But if you need to lose weight, you will get much faster results eating around 50 to 150 grams of carbs.

150g carbs on a 2000 calorie diet would be 30% calories from carbs. Healthline goes on to say that 100 to 150g is more like moderate carb intake. It is still well below the official dietary guidelines.

Last edited:
The things I love

Breakfast: Banana, powdered peanutbutter (mixed) and Ole' high fiber tortilla (50 cal). Coffee: Hazelnut (sugar free). Currently transitioning from the creamer to Vanilla High Protien (30 gr) drink.

Morning Snack: Dannon Apple Pie Greek Yogurt, 1 T. sugar free carmel topping, sliced apple. Dip in yogurt and tastes like carmel apples.

Lunch: Spinach, Kale, mandarin oranges, chickpeas, onion (eliminated cheese and cranberries) with Kens Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinagrette or another lighter dressing such as Zias Sweet Italian light.

Dinner: 2 c. Cherry Berry and Triple Berry Frozen Berries (Walmart) mixed. Can get berry mix at Sams cheaper. Basically a mix of Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cherries and raspberries. Top with 1+ c. or so of Light Greek Vanilla Yogurt. Sprinkle with Fiber One cereal with a little granola mixed in. You can start with granola and gradually transition to all Fiber One.

After Dinner Snack: 10 pretzels (Walmart cheese)

I started this to lose some weight. Wel,l lost 50 lbs, and still eat this way during the week. I love the berries and yogurt; it's like eating desert every day for dinner. Once you start eating this way, it just becomes habit. I have been eating this for three years now and still not tired of it. I do eat other stuff on weekends, but try to keep it relatively healthy.

Also big treats are Teriyaki Chicken fillets from Sams, Broccoli Salad, fruit and jello and any lean meat such as chicken breasts, pork chops, etc.

I have been eating low carb for ten years. My labs have gotten so good I'm going off statins at the next exam if the numbers continue. Also, my bone density is getting better, to where I'm no longer in osteoporosis.

Of course as I get older, I gain weight easier so I do intermittent fasting. My doctor suggested it. So if I eat at 5 p.m. I don't eat anything else till 7 a.m. which works out fine for me. So now the weight is stabilizing and going down.

I'm allergic to dairy so I have to be creative. My low carb, dairy free "lox and bagels" is smoked salmon, Tofutti cream cheese, with a sprinkle of Trader Joe's Everything Bagel spice. Yummy!

Feelin' good in my neighborhood!

Just completed 13 months on my KETO plan. Feelin' better than I have in years and my doc is "all in" on it once he has seen the results. I intermittent fast (all meals in 6 hour period) daily w/ a 24 hour fast on Tuesdays. Rarely feel hungry and if I do I grab a handful of nuts. Stay away from "white" food (past, bread, potatoes) and try to minimize higher carb veggies. Big, big salad everyday for lunch with a KETO responsible dinner. Hardest part is dining out- but I manage. Look for high fat foods in both dairy and meat as this is what creates my fuel. Stay away from most fruits as sugar is a mortal enemy. Eggs are big part of my life now. Fortunately I'm a veggie lover, so this makes it easier. LDL, HCL, cholesterol, triglycerides have all improved greatly. Down about 30 pounds. Only complaint is needing to purchase smaller pant sizes. Biggest miss is ice cream due to sugar. Biggest hit is my nightly bourbon has no carbs. Lots of good info on You Tube, but view with common sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom