Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Stop screwing around with doctors who aren't MD's. Anyone treating you for "systemic candidiasis" is a quack, no matter which letters they put after their name. (I'm gonna guess at least one of your doctors is an ND).

The question is really are you sick, or do you just pay waaayyyy too much attention to simple varations of normal bowel function.

A854321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2008, 12:39 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

You are so right. I know I might offend some people but I just have to say my experience with chiropractors and other "doctors" has been bad. And I will only pay to see a M. D. from here on in. I was young and really didn't know any better I had no one to tel l I do. There is a lot of fraud in trying to get well it's a shame that there isn't more of these quacks in prison for life they probably do more damage than the most hardened criminals and get paid huge incomes to do it!

I'm sure I'm sick. I lived in my body my whole life and I'm not well.

I got really sick after eating vegetarian and it was like my health fell off a cliff at that point and I never recovered.

I don't have the symptoms of crones I just have IBS that gets really bad at times. I have periods where I have nothing but water for 24-48 hours or so until the pain goes away and I can eat again.

When I eat it never feels like normal digestion takes place.

But my main symptom is just exhaustion and feeling flu-like all the time. I also lost my sense of taste not completely but enough that at times I wouldn't know what I'm eating unless I was looking at it. I can taste almost normally some of the time but it's never normal.

summer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Get a diagnosis from a real MD and, if it turns out to just be IBS, I will tell you that there are some great IBS resources out there these days.

It could be other things that aren't Chron's and aren't IBS... so, see someone soon. The good news is that once you know what it is, it'll be easier to deal with. My wife's IBS is pretty much a non-issue for her now.
Marquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I'll go with what my dad (retired pharmacist) always says: "If noone can figure out what's wrong with you, go to the Mayo Clinic, and they'll tell you what's going on, whether you want to hear it or not"..........
Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:28 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi Jim, Sorry about your illness! I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years, so it is sad for me to hear that it messed you up (or happened at the same time in order for you to strongly relate the two). Anyway, I was wondering if you eat or drink many artificial sweeteners. After I quit working I ended up drinking more diet cokes during the day than I did while working and I started having some IBS like episodes. I didn't relate the 2 things at the time, but a year later I gave up the diet cokes (the only source of artificial sweeteners for me) and I quit having the symptoms.

Since then I've read about some people having problems digesting these things. I guess that is another thing that would show up in a food/drink journal.

Again, I'm no MD, but if your intestines are not getting the chance to absorb nutrients from your food then of course that would make you feel tired, etc.

Take care!
I'm made of atoms, you're made of atoms, and we're all in this together. Ben Lee
shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets
Thanks Shiny

I could never stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. I remember drinking diet pop and spit it out after just tasting it. My diet is completely free of all junk food. I eat really clean and do not smoke drink or do drugs and I 'm still sick...that is what really drives me crazy. I seem to get blood sugar swings a lot and that might be why the vegetarian diet was so bad for me since I was eating hight carbs at that time.

Thanks FinanceDude

It would be quite a drive for me but if I knew it would make me well anything would be worth it.

Thanks Marquette

Was there any one thing that really helped your wife out with the IBS?

summer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread but have you had a colonoscopy?
jclarksnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
You might find this article interesting:

How a strict vegan diet made my children ill | Mail Online

seems like some of the kids had symptoms similar to your early reaction to vegan diet - perhaps diarrhea from too much fiber!

i don't think there's one perfect diet for everyone - while some may thrive being a raw foodie or vegan, others will get really sick! You have to find what's best for your body and also rule out real medical conditions that may be contributing to your not feeling well.

Good luck to you!

If i think of something clever to say, i'll put it here...
bright eyed is offline   Reply With Quote