Ebola in Texas

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
CDC confirms first diagnosed case of Ebola virus in U.S. - CBS News

I've been trying to warn you people about this for years:

Texas is infested with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy raspberry ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring Ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, polygamous religious sects, and, lest we forget, doesn't look kindly towards Yankees (per Orchidflower).

In 1990 RESTV was introduced into quarantine facilities in Virginia and Texas by monkeys imported from the Philippines. Four humans developed antibodies but did not get sick.

CDC confirms first diagnosed case of Ebola virus in U.S. - CBS News

I've been trying to warn you people about this for years:

My handyman is moving to Dallas in Nov. I tried to warning him and will forward this to him perhaps it will help.

Unfortunately, Texas also is home to many lovely southern belles, and one seems to have gotten her hooks into him. Maybe they should be added to the list?

Also he is Canadian are they considered Yankees or just furineers (bad spelling attempt)

Also he is Canadian are they considered Yankees or just furineers (bad spelling attempt)

That's a good question. Here in WV he'd be a furiner (I think it has only one "e" in it) instead of a "damn transplant".

Those are people who live in WV but don't have relatives continuously here going back at least 7 generations.

My handyman is moving to Dallas in Nov. I tried to warning him and will forward this to him perhaps it will help.

Unfortunately, Texas also is home to many lovely southern belles, and one seems to have gotten her hooks into him. Maybe they should be added to the list?

As long as he is not French-Canadian he should be fine :LOL:

I nominate REWahoo to head up the Texas anti-tourism bureau

There is no longer one person with Ebola. The guy's sister has also come down with symptoms. He had contact to many children in his household. Many healthcare workers are also under quarantine, some of who will inevitably come down with it.

No doubt, there will be many more cases.

There is no longer one person with Ebola. The guy's sister has also come down with symptoms. He had contact to many children in his household. Many healthcare workers are also under quarantine, some of who will inevitably come down with it.

No doubt, there will be many more cases.

Any epidemiologist or thinking physician knew this would happen. The guy had a family and the ER personnel had direct contact. It won't be as bad as West Africa but no doubt there will be more cases. Everyone in that family and who had contact with him in the ER needs to be quarantined. Good grief why is the CDC so under-responding?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

... Everyone in that family and who had contact with him in the ER needs to be quarantined. Good grief why is the CDC so under-responding? ...

If they don't take extreme measures to nip this in the bud, there will be a panic. This is a time to say 'the hell with individual rights', quarantine aggressively, and people coming in from contaminated countries should have to have reasonable proof they were not in contact before boarding a plane coming here, and maybe submit to quarantine anyhow. IMO (not a medical professional).

-ERD50

There is no longer one person with Ebola. The guy's sister has also come down with symptoms. He had contact to many children in his household. Many healthcare workers are also under quarantine, some of who will inevitably come down with it. No doubt, there will be many more cases.

Where was it reported that his sister now has symptoms? I was out running errands so I missed the Governor's press conference and any other news. Thanks

Last edited:
Here:Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola
Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

And:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/u...-seek-those-who-had-contact-with-patient.html

"Health officials in Dallas said Wednesday that they believed Mr. Duncan came in contact with at least 12 to 18 people when he was experiencing symptoms. So far, none has been confirmed infected."

By te way I was wrong a while back, predicting that some ebola carrier will hike across the southern border.

If they don't take extreme measures to nip this in the bud, there will be a panic. This is a time to say 'the hell with individual rights', quarantine aggressively, and people coming in from contaminated countries should have to have reasonable proof they were not in contact before boarding a plane coming here, and maybe submit to quarantine anyhow. IMO (not a medical professional).

-ERD50

I cannot fathom why we are allowing flights from or people with passports from the affected countries into the US.

Where was it reported that his sister now has symptoms?

Here it is. It is not confirmed yet, maybe she just has the flu.... maybe it is not his sister either.

Health officials are closely monitoring a possible second Ebola patient who had close contact with the first person to be diagnosed in the U.S., the director of Dallas County's health department said Wednesday.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

Or maybe a third...
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/216949-report-possible-ebola-case-in-miami

And do not forget, he was out and about for 4 days while he had symptoms. Who knows how many he may have spread it to. maybe it is not very contagious?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom