Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Well, I just ordered these from Costco's website. Costco - Kirkland Signature™ Enteric Coated Fish Oil Concentrate I'm happy to find some that require only 1 capsule per day dosage. I'll file a "burp report" after I get them.
This is the brand I've used for the past two years or so and have had no "after-effects." I find them easier to swallow than some of the other brands as well. The instructions suggest taking with a full glass of water, which I do.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Here's another vote for freezing them. Men's Health recommonded CVS brand and I freeze them and have no problems.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
This is the brand I've used for the past two years or so and have had no "after-effects." I find them easier to swallow than some of the other brands as well. The instructions suggest taking with a full glass of water, which I do.
Achiever--I wonder if the full glass of water helps dissolve the coating? I'm happy to find a capsule that has a dosage of 1 per day; I can't handle 4 to 6 of these things.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm happy to find some that require only 1 capsule per day dosage.
I am unsure what this means. Are they 2400 mg capsules -- which is my daily usage? Who or what "requires" the taking of fish capsules?
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
I am unsure what this means. Are they 2400 mg capsules -- which is my daily usage? .....
Same here....I do 2400mg also (one 1200mg with breakfast, and a 2nd one at supper). My Doc suggested up to 3600-4800mg per day, but after a time of trying different amounts, I settled on 2400mg/day. Plus I try to eat a lot of stuff that contains the omega 3's.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
Same here....I do 2400mg also (one 1200mg with breakfast, and a 2nd one at supper). My Doc suggested up to 3600-4800mg per day, but after a time of trying different amounts, I settled on 2400mg/day. Plus I try to eat a lot of stuff that contains the omega 3's.
Yes, one at 6 am and another at 6 pm. We eat a lot of Salmon and my "daily bread" is made with Flax seed included.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
I am unsure what this means. Are they 2400 mg capsules -- which is my daily usage? Who or what "requires" the taking of fish capsules?
I suppose I should have said "recommended" instead of "required." At any rate, the description of this product says 1 per day.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
IAt any rate, the description of this product says 1 per day.
I am skeptical.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #29

Sarah --

I take the "recommended" dosage of 1 capsule per day. (And since I am on a statin to control cholesterol -- damn my genetics! -- I also take 300 mg of CoQ10 daily.) I do take a full glass of water with the fish oil capsule, but I don't think it has anything to do with dissolving the coating, which appears to be perhaps a food grade wax type coating.