Had Physical today - CRP through the roof

Thanks W2R and Meadbh,

I know they rub me down well with alcohol before needling me. One thing I noticed is that they do not wear gloves here when injecting. I'm not so experienced with this, but if memory serves me well, I thought injections were done with gloved hands in the US...obviously not here. I'll be observant about the hand washing and disinfection (they do have hand disinfectant outside of every door).

Thanks for the advice.

R

Rambler, sounds like a tough time. Best wishes for your recovery.

Infected or plugged diverticuli can occasionally evolve into "microperforations" of the left side of the colon, getting walled-off by the surrounding mesentery (the sheets of tissue that enclose the abdominal contents). It's not unlike appendicitis (which is on the right side but otherwise a similar scenario).

If you docs think you'll need 2 or more weeks of IV antibiotics, ask about a PICC line. This is a more deeply-placed IV which can stay in for weeks or months, and you can go home with it.

Thanks Rich. If I had a microperf, would that not have to be surgically corrected?

Thx

R

Thanks Rich. If I had a microperf, would that not have to be surgically corrected?

Not necessarily. A surgical opinion might be suggested on a general basis (or in case things take a turn) but most heal with antibiotics alone. Bowel rest and ABs are a good conservative place to start, then see how it goes. Of course, every case is unique.

I hope things heal up quickly as most do.

Thanks to all who have offered support and advice.

My white cell counts and CRP are both back to normal, and I will go home from the hospital tomorrow. I still have the fibrescope to endure next thursday just to make sure there is no cancer involved, but since the pain has receded and the blood counts are fine, it seems I will be good to go soon.

Thanks all!

R

Wonderful news Rambler! Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Hope everything is soon back to normal.

Rambler,

Just noticed this thread. I'm sorry you have been going through a bad time but things appear to be looking up, I hope your improvement continues and you get well soon.

Back
Top Bottom