Healthcare.gov preview period

InTheSticks

Recycles dryer sheets
Last year around October 20, I could log in to Healthcare.gov and see rates and plans for this year. Does anyone know if they are doing that this year?

I have seen a notice that plan information will be available a few days before Nov 1. No other specifics

edit -- specifics "2018 plans and prices will be available for preview shortly before Open Enrollment starts on November 1," taken from healthcare.gov

Last edited:
I was looking at the site yesterday and it had both the 2017 and 2018 premiums listed. that was part d only.

My insurance company made their plans,rates available on their website starting in October 1st, try going direct to the insurance company websites or call them.

I sent an onsite message with my HI company at the beginning of the month. I got a reply that I could call in mid month to find out. However I got a message on the HI web portal noting that information on individual alternatives would be on their site Nov 1. The message noted that alluded to an letter that I've not seen yet.

I poked around heathcare.gov and did not see any 2018 prices for my locality. Guess I'll get to wait for healthcare.ove to start the preview in a couple weeks

Looks like rates are going up but the EO or any specific changes that POTUS signed will not take effect immediately and articles are saying 2018 will offer subsidies for those on current ACA plans. The order turned the insurance industry upside-down. It will take time to figure out what changes are actually lawful and legislation has to happen and be approved by Congress. This is what I gather from the multiple articles from NYT, LA Times, Bloomberg, NPR, the sources I trust.

Looks like rates are going up but the EO or any specific changes that POTUS signed will not take effect immediately and articles are saying 2018 will offer subsidies for those on current ACA plans. The order turned the insurance industry upside-down. It will take time to figure out what changes are actually lawful and legislation has to happen and be approved by Congress. This is what I gather from the multiple articles from NYT, LA Times, Bloomberg, NPR, the sources I trust.

It is a action to get Congress to act. I doubt that any changes will even take place.

I think the House/Senate will have to evaluate new careers due to the sh_t storm this is going to create. I'm all for lower cost plans that offer crap insurance for those who want to buy it. Just leave the law in place for those of us who want quality plans that actually cover illnesses. I'm willing to pay for doctor visits or annual blood tests, but when it comes to ER coverage or a serious illness, the ACA protects us all.

The executive order is on whitehouse.gov...there is no mention of subsidies, lots of verbiage allowing associations access, reducing costs, etc. I would not get excited one way or the other at this point. When presidents (current or previous one) go off script they say things that are completely wrong.

I know we really can't talk about speculation of what may be, so I'm just biding my time until the dust settles :whistle:.

There's really not much more we can do at this point.

Last edited:
WOW.... got a letter today from insurance company...

Premiums are going from low $1200s to high $1900s!!! At least a 50% increase in premiums... my share from just under $200 to now over $900.... or more than 4Xs what I was paying...

And I already have gone with the lowest cost provider :facepalm:

WOW.... got a letter today from insurance company...

Premiums are going from low $1200s to high $1900s!!! At least a 50% increase in premiums... my share from just under $200 to now over $900.... or more than 4Xs what I was paying...

And I already have gone with the lowest cost provider :facepalm:
The insurer applied the 2017 $1000 subsidy to the 2018 premium. When the 2018 subsidy becomes available through the SLCSP calculations and is applied, the 2018 subsidized premium should remain fairly stable assuming the same MAGI.

If you choose the SLCSP as your plan, your premium responsibility will not exceed the percentage of MAGI shown in Table 2 of the instructions for IRS Form 8962. Choosing a lower cost plan results in lower premium responsibility.

Last edited:
The insurer applied the 2017 $1000 subsidy to the 2018 premium. When the 2018 subsidy becomes available through the SLCSP calculations and is applied, the 2018 subsidized premium should remain fairly stable assuming the same MAGI.

If you choose the SLCSP as your plan, your premium responsibility will not exceed the percentage of MAGI shown in Table 2 of the instructions for IRS Form 8962. Choosing a lower cost plan results in lower premium responsibility.

That is what I am hoping!!!

There was an article I read the other day that said because silver plans are going to go up more than others that a number of people will be able to get free bronze plans OR that a gold plan might cost the same...

I will take a look and see what is the best option.... but from what I can say by the few choices that I had last year there is NO good options... just of choice of which bad one you want to take....

Back
Top Bottom