How do you get a free credit report?

freddyw

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been trying to get access to a site which offers a free credit report as suggested as a way to save $ on insurance etc but have had a whale of a time finding the site which provides your credit scores for no charge. All the sites that say they offer a "free" credit report seem to actually charge for the service.

Does anyone have the specific site(s) to access your credit scores where there is no charge for the service?

[-]Freecreditreport.com[/-]* offers just what it says - a free report of what is on your record. To my knowledge, no one will give you a free credit score.

* Waltwill8 is correct. The official FTC website address is AnnualCreditReport.com

Freecreditreport.com offers just what it says - a free report of what is on your record. To my knowledge, no one will give you a free credit score.

Actually, you can get a free credit score. All you have to do is apply for a HELOC. When I applied with PENFED last year for one they sent letters to us giving the credit score (DW was higher than mine:mad:). I assume this is a common practice for these types of loans.

...But wouldn't applying for a loan bring the score down? :D And what does this have to do with "Health and ER"? ;)

...But wouldn't applying for a loan bring the score down? :D And what does this have to do with "Health and ER"? ;)

But after a couple of on time payments it goes back up.:rolleyes:

Frustration in not getting a free credit score causes stress; guess that is unhealthy.:(

Back
Top Bottom