I'm on a roll with good health news

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, I already told my real family, but I consider this invaluable site my family as well. I've mentioned before I have Chronic Leukemia ("CLL"). Diagnosed 8+ years ago, and have not needed treatment. Doctor just monitors my blood counts, which have been stable for years.
Back in 2013 I also got a second cancer, Prostate, and had surgery. Recovery from this was excellent with no true residuals, and more importantly no recurrence.

Two months ago my white blood count (WBC)went DOWN from 24,000 to 18,000. You don't want a WBC of 18,000 (normal is no higher than 11,000), but if you already have CLL that's actually a pretty good number. I just got back from my annual physical, and the WBC was down again, to 13,000. WBC counts can fluctuate, but for now I'll just bask in the joy of "low" WBC.

I can't help but wonder if my physical conditioning (I'm a slow triathlete) helps this, but regardless I am on cloud 9 right now!

That is awesome news.

My next door neighbor has CLL, but is out walking the neighborhood and full of energy... says it keeps her disease in check. Your story confirms that.

I am on cloud 9 right now!

I found a pic of you....!!!

cloud-nine-smile.gif

Wonderful news!

Yay! I imagine you hope for the best and expect the worse--and getting such good news about your numbers has to feel so great. Do the docs have any answers for the drop in the WBC--did you tell them about your workouts?

So glad you are feeling so good!

Excellent news! that your exercise routine and healthy diet have had a positive influence in your health. You might like to read Dr. Gaynor's Gene Therapy books. He is a big proponent of the ability of mind, diet and exercise to actually change the genes and therefore change the path of disease. Good stuff. Keep up the good work '

Outstanding! I'll bet that exercise routine now includes cartwheels of joy.

Back
Top Bottom