Intelligence vs Social Interaction

I'm lower on the IQ scale and much happier with limited social interaction. My Dad is even further down the IQ scale and likes even less social interaction so the study doesn't hit home with my experience.
Last line of the article is true:
"Happiness looks different for all of us."

All 15,000 folks surveyed were in the 15-28 year age group and for me I was much more in need of social interaction when I was in that age group than I am now.

Are people who attend parties actually less intelligent, or do they just act that way when at a party? Well, either way, the result is the same.

Last edited:
The study didn't account for the IQ of the friends of the high IQ person.

I theorize they would have found high IQ folks like hanging out with their high IQ friends as it's less tiring since you don't have to explain string theory again!

After all, who wants to hang out with a bunch of dummies (other than a crash tester) :D

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
All 15,000 folks surveyed were in the 15-28 year age group and for me I was much more in need of social interaction when I was in that age group than I am now.

Me too, perhaps we have to age into our INTJ personalities:D.

I like spending a few hours with Frank every day, and we do have lunch together and go to the gym together, but otherwise I don't make any efforts to go to parties or luncheons or clubs or meetings or get-togethers - - I prefer my "alone time" to this type of social interaction.

The only people who have seen the inside of my Dream House have been Frank (every day), my DD and SIL when they were visiting in July, and my handyman on rare occasion. Fine with me.

My life is exactly what I want it to be. Guess that is the INTJ in me.

I think the reason that high IQ people (like many ER Forum participants) are happier with less social interaction, is that we are thinking about different things pretty much all the time, and don't need much interaction with others to keep from getting bored. We can always re-think our SWR and AA, for example. :D

Last edited:
I think the reason that high IQ people (like many ER Forum participants) are happier with less social interaction, is that we are thinking about different things pretty much all the time, and don't need much interaction with others to keep from getting bored. We can always re-think our SWR and AA, for example. :D

Sums it up pretty well!

It also, (from my own limited experience), coincides with a major time frame for acquiring 'partners', (temporary or otherwise).

so only dumb people sit around in the 19th hole for hours after golf pounding beer?

I must know a lot of dumb people

Well...crap!

When I used the link to the story on "More Intelligent People Prefer Less Social Interaction", I got a pop-up ad for 'Facebook.' :(

Then, when I used the link to the story on "More Intelligent People Are More Sedentary", I got a pop-up ad for 'working out.' :facepalm:

I'm not sure I like what my computer is telling me. :nonono:

so only dumb people sit around in the 19th hole for hours after golf pounding beer?

I must know a lot of dumb people

Nah, thats just wanting to get together to talk and exaggerate about some of the days shots:D

I would agree 100%. That is the most difficult thing about trying to go to sleep; I just can't shut off my mind. And my DW gives me a hard time about how often I run numbers...I do it a lot. It's somewhat ironic too since I very much disliked math as a child and now, I can't get enough of it!

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Back
Top Bottom