It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go US!

Lost another lb. That makes it 10 lbs in 5 weeks [emoji1303].

Yay!!! Congratulations, Calgary_Girl!! Great progress! :dance:

I lost more overnight for some reason, and now it's 32.2 lbs, in exactly 17 weeks as of today. I still have a whole lot more to lose so I'll just keep charging ahead.

Yay!!! Congratulations, Calgary_Girl!! Great progress! :dance:

I lost more overnight for some reason, and now it's 32.2 lbs, in exactly 17 weeks as of today. I still have a whole lot more to lose so I'll just keep charging ahead.

Way to go US!

Lost another lb. That makes it 10 lbs in 5 weeks [emoji1303].

Nice work, ladies! Losing 2 lbs a week over time is quite an accomplishment!

I'm down nine pounds since January 1st. I am currently 1 lb less than last years weigh in during my physical and hence - comfortable with my weight to go ahead and schedule this years physical at the end of August.

Way to go everyone on their "losing" accomplishments.

I

Left the working world behind on June 30, 2018, at 230 lbs.

This morning the number on the scale is 218.5. On my way back down to 180 lbs, which is where I was 5 years ago before MegaCorp piled on the work, stress, and crazy travel demands!

I’m liking this retirement thing. Plenty of time for an early morning mountain bike ride or an hour mid-day workout at the gym ... or both.

Living the dream!

My story is almost identical. Lost about 50 pounds in 2013, the most I have ever lost, but gained it all back with some big work projects, long hours in the office, and lots of business travel. Also my preferred cardio is a stationary bike and my hip started to hurt. Although I went to PT, it was a little painful to exercise.

Since my last post I've lost another 4 pounds for a total of 39 pounds. The summer heat has helped as I've actually skipped meals a few times which is rare for me. I've been better about exercising this month and am doing some yardwork too. My routine now includes calisthenics to strengthen my lower body and back so I can keep walking and riding my bike without pain.

Last edited:
Down another 0.8 lbs (better than a gain!) for a total of 13 lbs in 7 weeks.

Good job everyone!

Down another 0.8 lbs (better than a gain!) for a total of 13 lbs in 7 weeks.

Good job everyone!

That's terrific! And good job for you too, Ronstar, Imaterp, ABQ, and Vintage. As for me, I've been at a standstill for the past couple of weeks at between 32-33 pounds lost, but still working at it and at least I haven't gained.

Scale didn’t move this week, 219lbs.

Much like the good old days of August “two-a-day” high school football practices, I’ve been hitting gravel and dirt hills on my mountain bike for 1-2 hours each morning and then the gym with my wife for core and strength training in the afternoon.

Goal is to get lighter and fitter for the Fall bike race season. Preseason races start in September.

Scale didn’t move this week, 219lbs.
Believe me, I can sure sympathize and relate to that.
[…]I've been at a standstill for the past couple of weeks at between 32-33 pounds lost, but still working at it and at least I haven't gained.
OK, after fiercely battling to lose more I finally managed to get my scales to move downward again. I'm now down 33.4 pounds in nineteen and a half weeks.

183.0 when I got up this morning. Had a couple cups of coffee then went outside in the 88 degree, 100% humidity and did couple hours of tree cutting a chipping in the woods. Sweated my ASS off. Came back in showered and just curious stepped on the scale. 181.3. Retired 19 months ago at probably 202, high was 206. I remember hitting 178 in high school, 184 right after college graduation (1986). While I am not consciously "dieting", I have found that when I prepare food for myself, it tends to be healthier than what I was eating when I was w*rking. Lots more fruits and veggies. Walk 12-14 mi a week weather permitting. Play racquetball twice a week for 2-3 hours (have played for the last 42 years). Feel great.

My scales are finally relenting, after seeming to be stuck for so long! I stuck to my low calorie plan like a pit bull and all of a sudden lost more this week, for a total of (drumroll)…. 35.8 pounds in 20 weeks. :D

What a thrill to finally see my efforts paying off again! :dance: Still have much more to lose, "Tune in at 11". :LOL:

Great job, W2R! Sounds like you lost another 3 pounds or so.

I had out of state family visiting this week and we went to Santa Fe and Taos and ate New Mexican food. So I'm not getting back on the scale until I have ate light a few days. Then I start my next trip. One nice restaurant meal a day and eat out of the cooler for other meals. Lots of walking. Goal is to not to gain weight during trip.

My scales are finally relenting, after seeming to be stuck for so long! I stuck to my low calorie plan like a pit bull and all of a sudden lost more this week, for a total of (drumroll)…. 35.8 pounds in 20 weeks. :D

What a thrill to finally see my efforts paying off again! :dance: Still have much more to lose, "Tune in at 11". [emoji23]
Nice job. Your loss is on a great rate. Sometimes either DW or I had a stall for a week.

I'm not sure this actually works for everyone but, I'll share it.

When we stalled we'd do a meatless day. Not too hard for breakfast or lunch, dinner was something I worked at to get enough protein. Normally bean, quinoa and cheese enchiladas. They were good enough to really enjoy, sometimes it was a meatless and half day. Even though the margaritas were meatless, we to skipped them. [emoji23]

I'm a firm believer in CICO and while lower in calories, the math didn't always add up with a meatless day. YMMV.

After last month's brush with death and lots of hospital days and doctors, weight seems to be holding at 10 lbs. less than the past 20 years.

Finally... enough of a wake up to start walking again after too many years of sloth. Aye... 'tis an ill wind... indeed!

Well this just may be the accountability that will give me some traction. My starting point:

50yo, 5'6", 171 lb.

Goal: 20 lb weight loss.

My plan is to achieve this by minimizing processed food, sugar, alcohol and white carbs and to eat tons of plants, proteins and a little fruit.

<snip>
My plan is to achieve this by minimizing processed food, sugar, alcohol and white carbs and to eat tons of plants, proteins and a little fruit.

Tons of plants? Maybe you could simply start by eating a single bushel of plants three times a day.

note: emphasis by the duck

Last edited:
216.5 lb this morning, down from 230 lb at the end of June.

Combination of a daily workout at the gym, hill climbing on my mountain bike, better food choices, honey-do-list, and less stress (just retired June 30) are doing their job. Getting stronger and lighter.

My favorite format of bicycle racing ... cyclocross ... starts up in October and my goal is to get down to 200 lbs by the start of the season and 180 lbs by season end in December.

Cyclocross by the way is a crazy fun high cardio 50 minute bike race on a closed course of grass, sand, dirt, mud, and occasional pavement to catch your breath. And just for kicks when your heart is racing and legs and lungs burning there will be a section, like stairs or a hill that is too steep to ride that requires racers to get off and shoulder bikes and “run-up”. The promoter usually sets the races up at a local park or at an out of business golf course. Have also raced at other fun venues like at night on an old drag strip and fully-clothed through a nudist Resort. The fun factor and intensity ramps up when the rain starts to fall towards the end of the season in December.

Living the dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom