It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Ronstar and MRG!

This morning I was down to 43.2 pounds lost. I am feeling great. And yes, MRG, it is so nice to have less of me to lug around and fit through tight spaces. :D My blood sugar has shown some dramatic improvement and my internist/endocrinologist is ecstatic with all of my lab test results. And last but not least, I am really glad my shorts have a drawstring so I can still wear them. I like wearing loose clothes in our hot, humid weather, so I didn't really want to buy all new quite yet.

Looking to see 50 pounds lost before too long, if all goes well. Still have plenty left to lose and still have enough enthusiasm to keep on with this.

Congrats!
I was wondering when you have to buy new clothes. A few more pounds for me and then I’m going to buy the next size down. I don’t have any pants with drawstring.

Congrats!
I was wondering when you have to buy new clothes. A few more pounds for me and then I’m going to buy the next size down. I don’t have any pants with drawstring.
Thank you!!!

Without a drawstring, and with your great weight loss results, you will probably need to do that soon.

I am already pulling the drawstring at least 6"-8" tighter than it used to be. I know that sounds crazy but for some reason, my weight loss so far has been mainly around my waistline.

I guess eventually I'll have to give up and buy new shorts. But these are fine for now, and I am hoping to wait another month or two because I have a lot more weight to lose.

I lost just 2 ounces. It was down more early this week, but not last night. I’m surprised because I did have a good game of badminton yesterday. But I’m now focusing on loosing the inches around my waist. I think it might cause a health issue later on.

160 this morning. 1/2 pound less than last week. Probably just hydration difference, but I'll still call it a win. :)

I weighed in today at 166, down from 171 on Aug. 14.

I don’t weigh myself daily or even weekly as I get discouraged with fluctuations and flatlines. So I go several weeks in between.

I’m pleased with this small downward trend.

I lost just 2 ounces. It was down more early this week, but not last night. I’m surprised because I did have a good game of badminton yesterday. But I’m now focusing on loosing the inches around my waist. I think it might cause a health issue later on.

If your muscles are a little sore due to the badminton game yesterday, they could be holding more water than before. That could cause your weight to be higher than otherwise. Besides, every 2 ounces is progress and lots better than a gain IMO.
160 this morning. 1/2 pound less than last week. Probably just hydration difference, but I'll still call it a win. :)
Hey, 1/2 pound is 1/2 pound. I think that's a win. :D
I weighed in today at 166, down from 171 on Aug. 14.

I don’t weigh myself daily or even weekly as I get discouraged with fluctuations and flatlines. So I go several weeks in between.

I’m pleased with this small downward trend.
Losing 5 pounds is great! Congratulations on that.

I seem to be losing regularly this week (for a change), and I am down to 43.6 pounds lost as of today, in a little less than 28 weeks. Hoping to make that 44 pounds soon.

My blood sugar is responding to weight loss pretty dramatically which is very much desired since I am a type 2 diabetic. It was just 80 last night and 115 this morning, which are good values for me.

I seem to be losing regularly this week (for a change), and I am down to 43.6 pounds lost as of today, in a little less than 28 weeks. Hoping to make that 44 pounds soon.
I made it! :dance: I am now down a total of 44.2 pounds and I am hoping to pass 45 pounds soon.

I’m down 61 pounds in the last 13 months. 250 to 189. That moves me from “obese” to “overweight .” Goal is 175.

Completely off BP meds. Fasting glucose (taken 2X a week ) now runs upper 80’s to low 90’s.

I’m pleased with the results of the dietary and exercise changes! I meet monthly with a dietitian paid for by a Medicare program.

Last edited:
Wow, TERRIFIC, youbet! What a dream come true to be 61 pounds less than you were 13 months ago. :clap: And what great health improvements!

I am hoping to pass 45 pounds soon.
I'm there!!! I really worked at it yesterday and for once I am not dealing with another miserable plateau right now so the weight has been just falling off me this week (for a change).

So anyway, as of this morning, I have lost a total of 45.0 pounds in exactly 28 weeks. This is very exciting to me. :dance: Next goal is 50.

I'm there!!! I really worked at it yesterday and for once I am not dealing with another miserable plateau right now so the weight has been just falling off me this week (for a change).

So anyway, as of this morning, I have lost a total of 45.0 pounds in exactly 28 weeks. This is very exciting to me. :dance: Next goal is 50.

Congrats, you keep losing or is it winning :D

I lost another pound today but I don’t keep my hope up because I’m going for Italian food for lunch. But I plan to walk instead of swim today. Maybe that’s how I lost weight yesterday.

Thanks, Fedup! And congrats on losing another pound!! That's terrific.

Don't forget that Italian restaurants have great salads..... :) And walking sounds like terrific exercise for your health as well as for weight loss.

Fantastic! So thrilled for you. That is a lot of determination right there! :dance:

Reactions: W2R

Whoa! You’ll be at -50 in no time! Way to go!

Reactions: W2R
...So anyway, as of this morning, I have lost a total of 45.0 pounds in exactly 28 weeks. This is very exciting to me. :dance: Next goal is 50.

Pretty amazing, W2R. Nice going. Just what have you been doing differently these last 28 weeks ?(or just direct me to the post that has this info).

Pretty amazing, W2R. Nice going. Just what have you been doing differently these last 28 weeks ?(or just direct me to the post that has this info).
Thank you!

I log every single thing I eat at myfitnesspal dot com (there are many similar sites). I have been cutting back on both calories and carbs. I have eliminated both artificial sweetener and added sugar. I do not eat low fat foods or other diet foods, and also avoid most processed foods. I try to stick to simple, healthy foods to the best of my ability. I drink 80+ ounces of water every day and take a vitamin pill. I give myself double portions of meat, chicken, fish, or whatever, at dinner every night, within my calorie allotment. I try to get extra exercise or at least be more active in my daily life.

I am doing my best to figure out what works for ME, which is probably different from what would work for anybody else.

Thank you!

I log every single thing I eat at myfitnesspal dot com (there are many similar sites). I have been cutting back on both calories and carbs. I have eliminated both artificial sweetener and added sugar. I do not eat low fat foods or other diet foods, and also avoid most processed foods. I try to stick to simple, healthy foods to the best of my ability. I drink 80+ ounces of water every day and take a vitamin pill. I give myself double portions of meat, chicken, fish, or whatever, at dinner every night, within my calorie allotment. I try to get extra exercise or at least be more active in my daily life.

I am doing my best to figure out what works for ME, which is probably different from what would work for anybody else.

This is pretty much exactly what I do when I am trying to lose weight. It works very well! One just has to be determined and consistent - not easy to do, so you really have to set your mind to it!

Jumping in to this thread.

55, 5'6", and currently 160 (+/- 2 lbs). I have lost ~25lbs since sometime around June/July timeframe, and have a 140-145 target.

Thanks, Fedup! And congrats on losing another pound!! That's terrific.

Don't forget that Italian restaurants have great salads..... :) And walking sounds like terrific exercise for your health as well as for weight loss.

I went to Italian restaurant for lunch. Had lots of food including pasta, but I did bring back half of my seafood linguine home. This morning, I expect some weight gain, but not an ounce.

What I’ve noticed that every time I eat fish or chicken I lose weight.

Congrats!

After I retired I lost weight .When I hit 40 pounds I had to buy a whole new wardrobe . I went from a size 14 to a size 8 and have maintained it for 9 years . For me the trick was to just eat smaller portions and now I cannot imagine eating more .

I've lost about 15 pounds since December, when I changed the way I eat in an effort to lower my cholesterol and avoid statins (it worked!!!). I wasn't even trying to lose weight, just ate more of the good stuff (oatmeal, blueberries, salmon, spinach, avocado, nuts, sweet potatoes) & avoid the bad stuff. I've also been diligent about 10,000 steps a day. I'm very happy with the results & my mind-set is that I'll eat this way forever.

My old diet & weight were pretty good, I thought, but apparently those occasional indulgences really add up. I'm finding it easier these days to just say no to those, instead of endlessly debating about whether to have "just a little..."

I don't own a scale. At one point in my life, daily weighing & obsessing over the numbers was making me a little crazy so I threw it away. I try to focus on healthy habits.

Last edited:
Lost 6 lbs since I’ve came back. The lowest for a while. It helps that I had lentil soup for lunch and dinner with small protein and vegs. It rained quite a bit last night, I skipped our usual after dinner walk, so I’m real surprise that it went down more than the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom