It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 4 ounces lost from the low. Lentil soup does wonder for me in the weight loss department.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses!

As for me, after a tough two weeks I'm finally losing again too. As of today I have lost 45.6 pounds in 30 weeks.

Not losing more weight but losing inches around my waist. A few days ago, my badminton class had a substitute teacher and she showed us some moves for warm up, whatever she did, my belly hurts now. So now my jean is loosening, I can put a football in my waist and it will fit. This gives me hope. I’m going to incorporate these simple moves for belly improvement. Possibly order new jeans, wait I’m waiting for a sale too.

Fedup, that is great that you are losing inches! I'm trying to wait before ordering new clothes, too. In my case that's because I still have so much weight left to lose. But if I didn't tighten the drawstring on my shorts, they would fall down. Before I lost weight, they were tight and I didn't even tie the drawstring at all. It's so nice to not be carrying around such a big tummy. :)

This morning I am down 46 pounds (since March 23rd).

Yesterday and today I weighed the same, down 47 pounds since March 23rd.

It's slow but I'm getting there. :cool:

I still have a lot left to lose, so you'd THINK it would be faster than this but it's not.

Oh well. I have all the time in the world, "Oceans of time!" as Goonie used to describe his own retirement.

I lost 7.5 pounds this month. I'm amazed. The only changes I've made are to eliminate snacking, sugar and flour, and to eat more veggies and fruit.

After 3 months without a kitchen and eating out very meal (mostly fast food), I’ve gained 7 lbs to 192. Goal is 182 by April 1, so I need to lose 1 lb every 2 weeks

I am at 191 pounds. I lose a few then gain it back. I've been focused on the exercise component since August. I hit the gym 4 days a week for strength classes and swimming. I walk a brisk 3 miles on the other three days. I think I have a routine that I can live with.

Now, I want to refocus on the eating component. I was using Weight Watchers but haven't made any progress. I switched to MyFitnesPal. I believe in tracking my food so I know what I am doing.

I started eating more lean protein, hoping that will help.

I also want to commit to going to bed at an early hour, since night snacking is turning into a problem.

I'll check in next Wednesday to see all the successful people here.

Congratulations:dance:
lost 7.5 pounds this month. I'm amazed. The only changes I've made are to eliminate snacking, sugar and flour, and to eat more veggies and fruit

That is the key. No white flour and sugar. Eat eggs, bacon, coconut milk, berries, few veggies and good meat (ruminants). Difficult at first but after a week, the pounds will melt off. Ketosis is good for a week or 2. Good luck.

Doribe, I am using MyFitnessPal and it is working wonderfully for me. I think their suggested calories are a bit high for me, and try to use common sense about that. Your exercise regimen sounds terrific and should help a lot.

Maestro, congratulations on your weight loss this past month.

After a week or two of struggling and eating more than I had been, I got back "on the wagon" this week.

So now, I have lost 48 pounds since March 23rd.

After a week or two of struggling and eating more than I had been, I got back "on the wagon" this week.

So now, I have lost 48 pounds since March 23rd.

And now that I am back "on the wagon", I lost a little more overnight so my total is 49.2 pounds lost since March 23rd.

I DID IT!! Lost a lot of "water weight" overnight, so as of this morning my total loss is 50.2 pounds in 34 weeks. :D :dance: (If you listen carefully you may hear strains of "Happy Days are Here Again" in the background.... :D )

It's great to reach a goal, especially without paying a penny to Weight Watchers or anybody else to do it. OK, I could afford to pay but it makes the inner cheapskate happy. :LOL: MyFitnessPal dot com has worked very nicely for me, once I decided to combine it with my own common sense and eat a little bit less than they suggest. I think any other calorie counting website could work just as well but that is the one I am using.

My average for the 34 weeks has been 1367 calories/day. MFP originally suggested 1770 calories/day (403 more calories/day than I have been eating) for me to lose 1.5 pounds/week. Now that I weigh 50 pounds less, they suggest 1490 calories/day (123 more calories/day than I have been eating). But I decided to ignore their suggestions and use my own common sense, and that worked for me. (EDITED to clarify the recommended numbers: now that I am lighter, I don't use up as many calories so the number MFP recommends got lower, as it should.) I need to start eating fewer calories/day on average now that I have lost, but, er…, that hasn't been happening quite yet... :blush:

Also I have averaged 122 carbs/day although I would really rather that was under 100, but it is what it is. I am type 2 diabetic, and my blood sugar has dropped dramatically even so, which might be just due to the weight loss itself. My endocrinologist/internist is thrilled with the results and wants me to keep it up and lose more.

I still haven't bought smaller clothes quite yet, but may buy some this week as a "good for me" gift from me to me. My present sweatpants ("winter retiree wear!" :2funny:) would literally be down around my ankles in a minute without the drawstring to hold them up.

I still have quite a bit more to lose and I seem to be "on a roll", so I'm not quitting yet.

I DID IT!! Lost a lot of "water weight" overnight, so as of this morning my total loss is 50.2 pounds in 34 weeks. :D :dance: (If you listen carefully you may hear strains of "Happy Days are Here Again" in the background.... :D )

It's great to reach a goal, especially without paying a penny to Weight Watchers or anybody else to do it. OK, I could afford to pay but it makes the inner cheapskate happy. [emoji23] MyFitnessPal dot com has worked very nicely for me, once I decided to combine it with my own common sense and eat a little bit less than they suggest. I think any other calorie counting website could work just as well but that is the one I am using.

My average for the 34 weeks has been 1368 calories/day, which is 122 calories less than MFP suggests for me at my present weight in order to lose at the rate I am losing; they suggested several hundred more calories than that for me when I began but I decided to ignore their suggestions and that worked for me.

Also I have averaged 122 carbs/day although I would really rather that was under 100, but it is what it is. I am type 2 diabetic, and my blood sugar has dropped dramatically even so, due to just the weight loss itself. My endocrinologist/internist is thrilled with the results and wants me to keep it up and lose more.

I still haven't bought smaller clothes quite yet, but may buy some this week as a "good for me" gift from me to me. My present sweatpants ("winter retiree wear!" :2funny:) would literally be down around my ankles in a minute without the drawstring to hold them up.

I still have quite a bit more to lose and I seem to be "on a roll", so I'm not quitting yet.
Congratulations! Not just weight blood sugar too. Very nice.

We did a couple of trips to a thrift store when we weren't sure of our end goals. It helped decide how much more to lose.

Reactions: W2R
W2R way2go!!! You are zooming down the scale! Maybe buy one pair of pants? We don’t want you to find your current ones zooming down around your ankles!

Congratulations! Not just weight blood sugar too. Very nice.

We did a couple of trips to a thrift store when we weren't sure of our end goals. It helped decide how much more to lose.
Thanks! Blood sugar was my big motivation because it was getting way too high. The thrift store is a good idea although I am such an Amazon junkie... :D
W2R way2go!!! You are zooming down the scale! Maybe buy one pair of pants? We don’t want you to find your current ones zooming down around your ankles!
Thank you!! I think that in the spirit of "Blow that Dough", I might buy 4 pairs so that I don't have to do laundry every day while I lose the next 50 pounds. :D I still have more to lose than I have already lost, so they will just be temporary (hopefully) and for now I'll look for something that isn't too costly but won't be down around my ankles.

Woo-hoo congratulations W2R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a big milestone! Your consistency has paid off!

I love myfitnesspal! (when I use it! :blush:)

It's great to reach a goal, especially without paying a penny to Weight Watchers or anybody else to do it. OK, I could afford to pay but it makes the inner cheapskate happy. :LOL: MyFitnessPal dot com has worked very nicely for me, once I decided to combine it with my own common sense and eat a little bit less than they suggest. I think any other calorie counting website could work just as well but that is the one I am using.

My average for the 34 weeks has been 1367 calories/day. MFP originally suggested 1770 calories/day (403 more calories/day than I have been eating) for me to lose 1.5 pounds/week. Now that I weigh 50 pounds less, they suggest 1490 calories/day (123 more calories/day than I have been eating). But I decided to ignore their suggestions and use my own common sense, and that worked for me. (EDITED to clarify the recommended numbers: now that I am lighter, I don't use up as many calories so the number MFP recommends got lower, as it should.) I need to start eating fewer calories/day on average now that I have lost, but, er…, that hasn't been happening quite yet... :blush:

Also I have averaged 122 carbs/day although I would really rather that was under 100, but it is what it is. I am type 2 diabetic, and my blood sugar has dropped dramatically even so, which might be just due to the weight loss itself. My endocrinologist/internist is thrilled with the results and wants me to keep it up and lose more.

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment for your health and I bet you are feeling great. Time to blow some of that dough and get some new clothes.

I have been listening to the book The Obesity Code for the past few days and find it very interesting and informative. Recommend as one resource for information if you haven’t read it already.

I DID IT!! MFP originally suggested 1770 calories/day (403 more calories/day than I have been eating) for me to lose 1.5 pounds/week. Now that I weigh 50 pounds less, they suggest 1490 calories/day (123 more calories/day than I have been eating). But I decided to ignore their suggestions and use my own common sense, and that worked for me.

Do MFP recommendations take age into account? I definitely need to eat much less than I used to in order to maintain my weight.

Do MFP recommendations take age into account? I definitely need to eat much less than I used to in order to maintain my weight.
Oh yes, absolutely!!!! MFP asks for your date of birth, height, weight, gender, activity, and more, in the inputs they require to determine the calories you use. If you need to eat much less than you used to, then I think you should do exactly that. But MFP will be taking all this information into account to calculate their suggested calorie intake. If you need to tweak their suggestion to your individual needs, the software is set up so that you can do that.

I can only speak for myself. But I found out that for ME, the key to weight loss was to use my own common sense in deciding how much I should eat to lose weight. For example, if you know yourself well enough to know what is too much or too little for you, do not listen to pushy people on the internet trying to tell you how much to eat (by that I don't mean you or anybody in particular, but there is no dearth of pushy people on the internet).

I see my doctor and have lab tests done every three months and he checks my thyroid and so on; I pressed him about this calorie intake issue and my observations, and his comments were that people simply are not identical to one another in a multitude of ways and that he is keeping close tabs on me and he thinks what I am doing is just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom