It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am going to see how much "daily fast food" weight I've been carrying. I ate fast food pretty much at least once a day for over 20 years, beause it was convenient. Now I would have to work at getting to a fast food joint, so I'll probably only eat it once or twice a month. It's going to be interesting/horrifying to see what I've been doing to myself out of lazyness all these years.

Last month we went on vacation in Europe with some family including my BIL who I hadn't seen since he retired in May 2007. He had done nothing special other than be away from the workplace and he had lost 20lbs which he put down to not being exposed to fast food, business lunches etc. I hope you have the same success.

End of week 17: UP 0.4 lbs :rant:
Total Lost: 29.4 lbs

I guess between one birthday party, a barbecue and my company's Stampede party, it could have been a LOT worse :p. Gonna get back on the wagon this week, thank goodness the Stampede is almost over....

I guess between one birthday party, a barbecue and my company's Stampede party, it could have been a LOT worse :p. Gonna get back on the wagon this week, thank goodness the Stampede is almost over....

I guess you are needing a "straight man" to ask the obvious, so here goes....

What's a Stampede party?

I guess you are needing a "straight man" to ask the obvious, so here goes....

What's a Stampede party?

Calgary Stampede - Home

The Calgary Stampede...happens every July for 10 days. Drinking, Rodeo, rides, chuckwagon races, more drinking, parties parties parties. You've never heard of the Calgary Stampede? Ouch.

Another thing on my to do list. CALGARY STAMPEDE!!

so thats why they call them the Calgary Rough Riders.

Actually, our CFL team is called the Calgary Stampeders. Saskatchewan has the Roughriders.

The Stampede is a blast but most locals are happy when it's over....have a year to detox!!:cool:

And Saskatchewan's team usually rides rough over the Stampeders!

Notmuchlonger: With two kids in cowtown, DW and have been to many Stampedes. Put it on your list.

On the weight front, I ER'd at 210. 13 months later, 185. I made no attempts to lose any, I guess ER did it, therefore the best way to lose weight is to retire. Anybody want fat-guy clothes cheap?

And Saskatchewan's team usually rides rough over the Stampeders!

Notmuchlonger: With two kids in cowtown, DW and have been to many Stampedes. Put it on your list.

On the weight front, I ER'd at 210. 13 months later, 185. I made no attempts to lose any, I guess ER did it, therefore the best way to lose weight is to retire. Anybody want fat-guy clothes cheap?

I too lost weight with no attempts after retiring. Gave away many bags of clothes.

On the weight front, I ER'd at 210. 13 months later, 185. I made no attempts to lose any, I guess ER did it, therefore the best way to lose weight is to retire.

Woo Hoo, bring on that ER date :D

less than 18 months to go and another reason to count the days.

Actually, our CFL team is called the Calgary Stampeders. Saskatchewan has the Roughriders.

The Stampede is a blast but most locals are happy when it's over....have a year to detox!!:cool:

Wow I screwed that up. Thanks for the correction!

My Testimonial!

I think I might like this thread! My hubby and I went from 180 & 160 to 280 & 220 respectively, over 19 years! Yikes! Our first goal when we retired in early '06 was not to be retired fat folks like everyone expected. We hired a trainer to come to our home 3 days a week. The workouts, treadmilling 4-6 days a week, and eating healthier began to work almost immediately! Hubby is down to 190 and I got down to 155. Our parents cried, and our family and friends can hardly believe their eyes. The most amazing part...we have kept it off! I cannot say enough what a personal trainer can do for helping you meet your goals instead of long, unused gym memberships and little success!

I think I might like this thread! My hubby and I went from 180 & 160 to 280 & 220 respectively, over 19 years! Yikes! Our first goal when we retired in early '06 was not to be retired fat folks like everyone expected. We hired a trainer to come to our home 3 days a week. The workouts, treadmilling 4-6 days a week, and eating healthier began to work almost immediately! Hubby is down to 190 and I got down to 155. Our parents cried, and our family and friends can hardly believe their eyes. The most amazing part...we have kept it off! I cannot say enough what a personal trainer can do for helping you meet your goals instead of long, unused gym memberships and little success!

Great story - welcome to the thread. Do keep us to date on your progress. When you changed your diet did you do anything formal like write down wha you ate, or count calories etc?

Thank you Alan. The first thing out trainer had us do is write down everything we ate for 7 days. He couldnt believe how often we ate out (heck, the kids are gone, why not?). He figured our intake was an average of about 4,000 calories with zero activity. Any movement or change in our diet would show improvement (ha ha). So, yes, we always log our food intake, as well as measure our food, even after all this time. I also kept a monthly progress report I emailed out to our friends and family. We had quite a cheering section. Unfortunately, I took a fall in June 2007, and have had to stop my workouts entirely by Feb 2008. I am recovering from 2 bulged and 1 herniated discs in my back. Even so, I keep to my daily 1550 calories. Our daily caloric intake took a gradual decline since the start as our trainer knew we couldnt go from 4000 to 1550 overnight. We have daily goals for our fat, carbs, protein, & fiber too. It only took a few months to clear me of 4 years as a pre-diabetic too. I am especially proud of that accomplishment. This change worked for us because we could still eat most of what we like, no weird or icky foods for us. We never did well on the food-specific fad diets. If you want to see our transformation, we are on his website at On The Go Fitness Pros dot com. I hope that is okay to say. Its pretty incredible!

Thank you Alan. The first thing out trainer had us do is write down everything we ate for 7 days. He couldnt believe how often we ate out (heck, the kids are gone, why not?). He figured our intake was an average of about 4,000 calories with zero activity. Any movement or change in our diet would show improvement (ha ha). So, yes, we always log our food intake, as well as measure our food, even after all this time. I also kept a monthly progress report I emailed out to our friends and family. We had quite a cheering section. Unfortunately, I took a fall in June 2007, and have had to stop my workouts entirely by Feb 2008. I am recovering from 2 bulged and 1 herniated discs in my back. Even so, I keep to my daily 1550 calories. Our daily caloric intake took a gradual decline since the start as our trainer knew we couldnt go from 4000 to 1550 overnight. We have daily goals for our fat, carbs, protein, & fiber too. It only took a few months to clear me of 4 years as a pre-diabetic too. I am especially proud of that accomplishment. This change worked for us because we could still eat most of what we like, no weird or icky foods for us. We never did well on the food-specific fad diets. If you want to see our transformation, we are on his website at On The Go Fitness Pros dot com. I hope that is okay to say. Its pretty incredible!

Thanks for sharing, you are both to be admired for your comittment and success. Sorry to hear about the back. I had lower back surgery when I was 35, then knee surgery 5 years later, and that put paid to much of my exercise as I was a soccer player, soccer referee and loved tennis and racket ball etc.

However I did find other ways to exercise after putting on 40lb over 6 years and then managed to lose it all over 9 months and so far have managed to keep it off.

Nice website and good photos :D.

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Going back in the right direction after the July 4th weekend. Still feeling a little over what I'd like to be, but I'm not particularly focused on calorie counting right now. More a maintenance game.

I also have been reading "Younger Next Year" for women, so I've been extra motivated on the exercise front.

I'm trying to get myself on board to workout 6 days a week, instead of the 3 or 4 days I average.

Still doing well maintaining at 126#.

Haven't been able to meet my goal of working out 6 days a week yet:( Still averaging 3 or 4 days a week. Part of it is motivation, part of it is I just feel so tired the day after working out - like I need a day of rest. I do have a nerve injury in my leg and that does flare up periodically, like it did this week. I think my body does need a little more time to build up to this, but it's a good goal to have! I also need to convince myself to work out "light" on my "tired" days - I know I could do that...that's where the motivation part comes in:p

Also, I'm looking into getting a heart rate monitor as advised in the Younger Next Year book. I'd really like to get a better sense of what level I'm working out at. Anyone else do that?

Still doing well maintaining at 126#.

Haven't been able to meet my goal of working out 6 days a week yet:( Still averaging 3 or 4 days a week. Part of it is motivation, part of it is I just feel so tired the day after working out - like I need a day of rest. I do have a nerve injury in my leg and that does flare up periodically, like it did this week. I think my body does need a little more time to build up to this, but it's a good goal to have! I also need to convince myself to work out "light" on my "tired" days - I know I could do that...that's where the motivation part comes in:p

Also, I'm looking into getting a heart rate monitor as advised in the Younger Next Year book. I'd really like to get a better sense of what level I'm working out at. Anyone else do that?

Search this area. Rich got a nice Armitron for cheap awhile back..........

259.6 today, up slightly from last week. Eating went to crap for the last couple of days during a high stress period, but it's back under control again. Lowest for this week was 256.8 after a 12 hour solid and liquid fast for some medical tests.

The area that I workout in has gotten messy, and that's a big mental barrier to cross when trying to exercise. Now I have to get it cleaned up ASAP or it'll be that much harder to do it.

176.5 :rant:

Monday morning I was 174.5, finally under my 175 target after 3 straight days on 175 so Tuesday when offered a hot ham and egg breakfast biscuit I took it. This morning I was 176.5. Punishment was swift and harsh :mad:

As they say in the book, remember that the title is "Younger NEXT Year". Don't try and do too much, too fast

I've had a heart monitor for a couple of years now. Lots of fun, I'd definitely recommend getting one.

07/08/08 - 238.4
07/15/08 - 237.2

First goal - 220

If I can keep up a lb./week, I'll be a happy man.

Harley

As they say in the book, remember that the title is "Younger NEXT Year". Don't try and do too much, too fast

Agreed. Tonight I rode my stationary recumbent bike - a very low level workout, but at least I did something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom