It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
125. :)

Will miss the weigh-in next week. We are going on vacation to Siesta Key, FL. Our friend is turning 40, and her DH rented a house on the key for us all to come party for the week. Woo-hoo!

Don't be surprised if I come back weighing several more pounds! :eek:

Well, we had an awesome time in Siesta Key! The beach was beautiful, and we had so much fun with our friends. I drank and ate more than I usually do, but I did try to be more careful than I have on previous vacations. I did get 2 hard workouts in, too.

Here's what's amazing. My weight has actually gone down to 123# today! I initially thought there would be a "rebound" effect (where the weight gain is delayed in showing up). However, I am now 2 weeks post vacation and have actually lost another pound (was 124# when I came back from vacation).

Has anyone else lost weight on vacation? I'm wondering if somehow the additional calories have changed my set-point to a lower #. Or, perhaps I have just lost some muscle mass since I haven't had as many workouts as I normally would have. Can't explain it otherwise. :confused:

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%
7/23: 194.8 16.0%
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
8/06: 190.0 16.0%
8/13: 192.0 15.8%
8/20: 192.6 16.4%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Fat percentage shot way up this week. That's probably more to do with fluid retention than anything. I ended up with back spasms last week after some awkward twisting during Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sparring. Between that and watching an extraordinary amount of the Olympics, much of the last week has been spent on the couch. And in the spirit of an Olympic holiday, we've ordered in a couple more times than normal. And I got some Haagen Dazs yesterday.

Has anyone else lost weight on vacation?

Sheesh, that's easy. :D
I recommend sailing Baltic sea in a small boat in October or November.
(Baltic is quite shallow sea and it develops unpleasant short chop. During the Fall storm season not a lot of food stays in).

I'm skipping this week. I have some old friends visting, and we went out last night for MD crabs, covered in Old Bay, with lots of beer. I'm probably carrying 5 lbs of water/beer weight today :D

I'll check back in next week, see how/if I've recovered.

Target range 170 - 175

7/31 174.5
8/6 177
8/13 176.5
8/20 177

No excuses this week - not a good trend this :p

To answer SG - no, I don't recall ever losing weight after a vacation. I'm just pleased if I get through a vacation without putting too much on :angel:

My weight has actually gone down to 123# today! I initially thought there would be a "rebound" effect (where the weight gain is delayed in showing up). However, I am now 2 weeks post vacation and have actually lost another pound (was 124# when I came back from vacation).

124# today. I'm not surprised as I haven't been able to work out hard lately. I injured my foot the other day...it was raining and I was running in sandals...accidently kicked off my shoe and then when I stepped down the arch of my foot landed right on the heel of the shoe...OUCH! I've got a nice little bruise right on the arch of my foot. So, it's been non-weighbearing exercise for me on the bike lately.

Hope to try my dance fitness today as the foot is feeling better.

After skipping a week due to no loss to report, I am at 154 today. Adding the dance class has made a difference I think--but I have the most bruises on my shins ever! I hope Simple Girl's dance class isn't quite so brutal! :) DH finally agreed last night to get me my own pole for our 15th wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks, so I'll be able to practice more.

We're going to a beer festival this weekend, so I expect to be carrying around a six-pack like Harley's by Monday! :(

Start Weigh-in on Friday, 8/22.......168lbs
Wednesday Weigh-in today............166

Woo Hoo - 2 pounds! Hubby and I bought bikes earlier this month and have joined a beginners biking group. I started an aquatics fitness class Monday and will be attending Mon/Wed/Fri of each week. Gotta get going to Wednesdays class now!

Good luck everyone in the coming week!

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
6/25: 193.0 16.0%
7/02: 191.4 15.8%
7/09: 196.0 16.5%
7/16: 193.2 15.9%
7/23: 194.8 16.0%
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
8/06: 190.0 16.0%
8/13: 192.0 15.8%
8/20: 192.6 16.4%
8/27: 194.6 16.2%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Another bad week, and I'm sure it'll get worse. Haven't done nearly as much exercise while getting over back spasms. At least I'm still tracking my weight...

Now that I am semi-FIRED I am going to take a serious run at losing weight. The good news, which answers SG question, I have just gotten back from a 4 week visit to our homeland and am pleased to report that I actually lost a tiny bit of weight whilst we were away. I think that is down to being conscious of not wanting to gain and making the effort to walk every day. My stats are as follows:

22 July: 67.4 kg
27 Aug: 67.0 kg

Target 1: 64.0 kg by 30 September 2008
Target 2: 61.0 kg by 31 December 2008

Problem at the moment is our sleep is so spotty that having the energy to exercise at the moment is hard to find.

Dangermouse, now you know that Americans are hopeless at these conversions--so we'll just guess you are tiny as a mouse and getting tiner! :)
...kg to lb.... gotta google that! :) At least you don't use stones like the Brits--that used to drive me crazy when I was reading British novels.

I certainly know all about back issues. They sure are not helpful on a health plan. Good luck. Keep focused.

Hmm, down to 215. Heck, I was 225 in high school and that was 24 years ago. This low carb diet is working well, not hungry much at all. Gotta start eating some good carbs tho. Don't want to get too skinny.

What the!?! My BMI is at 24.8. 25 is overweight. 6'6" 215 is border line fat?

Last edited:
BMI doesn't work very well on people that are outside the norms for height or muscle mass. My trainer would be considered obese for his height/weight.

All time high - 262 (2005)
Recent high - 242 (last April)
07/08/08 - 238.4
07/15/08 - 237.2
07/22/08 - 237.4
07/29/08 - 234.4
08/06/08 - 234.4
08/13/08 - 233.0
08/20/08 - skipped
08/27/08 - 234.4

First goal - 220

Not bad. Visiting season is over, so we won't have guests every week now, forcing us to eat out and drink beer. Now to get back on track and make some real progress.

And yes, Bimmerbill, 215 is borderline overweight for your height. Weird, but true. I'm 6'1", and according to the gov't and BMI tables I need to be under 185 lbs. My ex-boss is 6'1" 187 lbs, and he looks unhealthily thin to me. I guess the experts and I will just have to agree to disagree. I think 195-200 with a little muscle is going to be perfect for me. I won't weigh 185 until 2 weeks after I'm dead.

After skipping a week due to no loss to report, I am at 154 today. Adding the dance class has made a difference I think--but I have the most bruises on my shins ever! I hope Simple Girl's dance class isn't quite so brutal! :) DH finally agreed last night to get me my own pole for our 15th wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks, so I'll be able to practice more.

Too funny! No, no bruises on my shins for my kind of dance class, LOL. Inspired by you, I purchased a gift certificate for my girlfriend (birthday) to do a pole dancing class. I can't wait to hear her report on how it goes. Her DH thanked me more for the gift than she did, LOL.:D (Although she's really psyched, too.)

Dangermouse, now you know that Americans are hopeless at these conversions--so we'll just guess you are tiny as a mouse and getting tiner! :)
...kg to lb.... gotta google that! :) At least you don't use stones like the Brits--that used to drive me crazy when I was reading British novels.

Sarah,

I would highly recommend stating your weight in kgs because it is a sure way of remaining below 100. FYI metric to whatever the old system is called is very easy, 1kg = 2.2 lbs, so you can see why I prefer stating my weight in kilos.

Yeah, I thought BMI didn't translate well for freaks like me. It doesn't take into account bone structure either. I have football lineman shoulders. I guess I'd be considered big boned in the classic sense.

I was 170 when I came out of basic training. I looked like a concentration camp survivor. I struggled for years to hit 200, ah the good old days!

Sarah, I would highly recommend stating your weight in kgs because it is a sure way of remaining below 100.

Or tons. [ducking]

Okay, Mr. Calzone man--stuff one of them in your trombone! :bat:

And after the Craft Brewers Beer Festival this past weekend (120 different beers to try--YUM!) I'm not weighing in tons, kgs, or lbs for at least several days!

124# today. I'm not surprised as I haven't been able to work out hard lately. I injured my foot the other day...it was raining and I was running in sandals...accidently kicked off my shoe and then when I stepped down the arch of my foot landed right on the heel of the shoe...OUCH! I've got a nice little bruise right on the arch of my foot. So, it's been non-weighbearing exercise for me on the bike lately.

Hope to try my dance fitness today as the foot is feeling better.

Down to 123# today. I'm really happy with maintaining anywhere below 125#. I remember a few months back I was happy to maintain anywhere below 128#. So I've set a new upper limit for myself.

My foot is fine now, and I'm back to doing my dance fitness and step aerobics, but I definitely can tell I've lost a little edge on the cardio fitness front. I've had some trouble getting motivated to workout lately. Going through a slump I guess. What I do is make myself read a little bit of "Younger Next Year", and that usually gets my butt off the couch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom