It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listing how much I have to lose to get to my intermediate goal.
12/5/08 13.8
12/10/08 12.8
12/17/08 12.7
12/24/08 11
12/31/08 12.6
1/4/09 11.6

10/18/09 4.9

It's been awhile since I've posted! Thanks to all who have posted for keeping this thread alive and vital.
My weight is down from where I was in January, but some of that was due to loss of appetite from flu. Now that I'm healthy again and have resumed working out, my muscle mass may go up, so if I can just hold this weight for a week I'll be happy, then hope to go down some more.
BTW although I've kept the same intermediate goal, I've lowered my final goal weight to ten more pounds below this (was five pounds). I've been this weight long enough that I realize I'd be healthier a bit thinner (still near the top of the range considered healthy for my height and sex). I didn't used to think it was possible but I have hopes now, despite a lifetime of zaftig-ness.

I like the progress charts that some have used but let me ask what the average weight loss weekly goal is for most in my category?

I agree with the previous poster, one pound a week is a good long term goal. Don't make my mistake of making a spreadsheet showing weight loss, seeing a big loss the first week or three and then getting all discouraged when it levels off for awhile or even goes up as you adjust to a permanent change in lifestyle.
Although for me at this stage I'd love to manage 10 pounds a year and it ain't happenin'. But after a lifetime of serious weight problems, just keeping it from going up when I'm this close to my goal is not bad for me. So it's all up to you.

Hey, My Dream. I'm pretty much in the same range as you.
I would suggest a goal of 1 lb/week. It takes a decrease of 3500 calories/week (diet and exercise combined) to lose a pound. It takes longer to lose it than to put it on, even if you completely stop the bad behavior. :mad:

Good luck. I'll be watching you. :greetings10::LOL:
Thanks for the 3500 calories/ week info and 1 lb/per sound reasonable. I think I maybe able to manage that, remember I said maybe. As for "I'll be watching you" maybe I should be watching you also!

[
Don't make my mistake of making a spreadsheet showing weight loss, seeing a big loss the first week or three and then getting all discouraged when it levels off for awhile or even goes up as you adjust to a permanent change in lifestyle.
I'd love to manage 10 pounds a year and it ain't happenin'. But after a lifetime of serious weight problems, just keeping it from going up when I'm this close to my goal is not bad for me. So it's all up to you.
Ok then....no spread sheet although I need to loose more then 10 per year or else I'll jump off the band wagon.

Thanks people.

7/8 177
7/15 177
7/22 175
7/29 175
8/5 174.5
8/12 174
8/19 172.5
8/26 174
9/02 173.5
9/09 174
9/16 171.5
9/23 171.5
9/30-10/7 – away
10/14 175.5
10/21 176.5
10/28 174.5

Highest was 210lb (2002)
6' 1" Target range 170 - 175.

Looks like my weight increase from the 2 weeks in England may have peaked and hopefully I am back in range for the longer term. Posting here every week definitely focuses my attention!!

I keep seeing this "It's Wednesday weigh ins!" every single week and I was afraid to step in for fear of been eaten alive. I finally decided to take a peek and after reading a couple pages I've decided to stick around in hope some of it will rub off on me. Is this the time to spill my guts and be honest about where I'm at? If so then here goes. If not than please delete and I can start over again.

I'm male, 53, 5' 11", 230 lbs retired 3 years ago and put on about 40 lbs during those years. I started eating junk food and am no were near as active as I was while employed. I'm hoping to get down to 180 lbs which is where I'm most comfortable, so I guess it's all up to me to cut out the junk food, eat more sensibly and go for walks or be more active. Ya......ya.......ya, if it were that easy I would have done it already.

I like the progress charts that some have used but let me ask what the average weight loss weekly goal is for most in my category?

Ok, let me have it!!!!

Welcome to the thread :flowers:

I am male, 6' 1", age 54. When I got serious about losing weight about 6/7 years ago I was 210lbs when I weighed in February of that year and had an initial target of losing enough inches to fit into a particular suit for my BIL's wedding in England in June. By the time we went I had lost 25lbs and the suit pants were actually loose - I needed a belt.

So, over the first 4 months I averaged about 1.5lbs/week.

Over the next 3 months I lost another 20lbs so that means I continued losing 1.5lbs/week. By the end of the year I had put back 5lbs to end at 170, and I have mostly stayed between 170 and 175 since then but it does creep up every now and again so I have to keep on top of it.

I weigh every day and record it every week and I used to chart it and can attest that averages are what they are - averages. The daily and weekly movements are not quite like watching the stock market but you have to plan and invest for the long run and look past the short term swings.

5/27: 132 (post cruise)
6/3: 130
6/10: 129
6/17: 126
6/24: 126
7/1: 125
7/8: 126 (post weekend vacation)
7/15: 123
7/22: 123
7/29: 120!!!
8/5: 122
8/12: 120
8/19: 119
8/26: 118
9/2: 121 (post vacation weekend)
9/9: 117
9/16: 119
9/23: 118
9/30: 117 (post vacation weekend - Mobile)
10/7: 118
10/14: 118
10/21: 117

10/28: 119

I ate bad just all darned weekend. Bad, bad girl! Back on track during the week until I had to work through lunch today and broke down and ate lunch there...they have very bad food! Now, going away this coming weekend again...I've gotta watch it...thank goodness for this thread...always keeping me on my toes!

Highest was 139lb (2007)
5'4" Target range 116 - 121 (I've lowered my target range...never dreamed I'd get this low!)
(Alan, I've borrowed this format from you...I like it! :flowers:)

Gained a pound during the festivities surrounding my daughter's wedding. Frankly, I am surprised it wasn't more - - so much rich food and very little self control during this intensely joyful weekend of celebrations.

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding!!! Sounds like a very good explanation for gaining a pound!

W2R, you were also in an airplane for many hours, which for me leads to fluid retention. So gaining only a pound is pretty darned good for a weekend of festivities! I can gain two pounds on wedding cake and champagne alone.

MyDream, I had a chuckle at this:

I keep seeing this "It's Wednesday weigh ins!" every single week and I was afraid to step in for fear of been eaten alive.

I'm hungry but have not resorted to cannibalism yet. Unless you taste like chocolate :)

Alan, you seem to be back on track--keep it up!

Bad, bad girl!
Are going to change your Forum name if this continues :rolleyes:

Gained a pound during the festivities surrounding my daughter's wedding. Frankly, I am surprised it wasn't more - - so much rich food and very little self control during this intensely joyful weekend of celebrations.

Congratulations on your daughter getting married.

When I first read your post I thought it read as
Frank was surprised it wasn't more

I think I'm cracking up :crazy:

and, yes, I have been passing up FREE food and treats every night at work, that usually requires some mental kung fu to pass up anything that's free, but I am not getting the urge to eat any junk outside of that dream, haha.

Way to go...keep up the willpower!

I keep seeing this "It's Wednesday weigh ins!" every single week and I was afraid to step in for fear of been eaten alive. I finally decided to take a peek and after reading a couple pages I've decided to stick around in hope some of it will rub off on me.

Don't worry, we won't eat you alive. We are all on diets, you know. :LOL:

LOL, welcome to the thread! You've already been given sage advice. My tidbit is to consider going on some type of structured plan to kick off the diet. I did Joy's LIFE diet, and it worked great for me (I think it's like South Beach, but I've never done SB, so not sure). Several others on here have done great on Weight Watchers.

Good luck and we look forward to hearing your progress and supporting you through your struggles. :flowers:

Looks like my weight increase from the 2 weeks in England may have peaked and hopefully I am back in range for the longer term. Posting here every week definitely focuses my attention!!

See, I knew I had faith in you...right back on track dude! Yeah, posting here definitely keeps it real!

10/18/09 4.9

It's been awhile since I've posted! Thanks to all who have posted for keeping this thread alive and vital.

BTW although I've kept the same intermediate goal, I've lowered my final goal weight to ten more pounds below this (was five pounds). I've been this weight long enough that I realize I'd be healthier a bit thinner (still near the top of the range considered healthy for my height and sex). I didn't used to think it was possible but I have hopes now, despite a lifetime of zaftig-ness.

Welcome back TooFrugal! I hope this thread helps you stay on track and meet your new goal. :)

W2R, you were also in an airplane for many hours, which for me leads to fluid retention. So gaining only a pound is pretty darned good for a weekend of festivities! I can gain two pounds on wedding cake and champagne alone.

Thank you! Usually I gain from fluid retention when I travel too, so I was pleasantly surprised. Although I had diet coke at the wedding instead of champagne, I ate almost a whole huge piece of rich, rich, double chocolate wedding cake with white frosting as well as indulging in much other rich food.

We had some tight connections in Dallas so Frank and I were nearly running through the airport while juggling heavy carry-ons. That was probably good exercise, though my muscles are still sore from it and my pride really suffered due to my difficulty in keeping up with him. :)

All the more reason to drop some weight!

The cold I got from my grandnephew ended up with a terrible cough. Got cough syrup with codeine from the doc. Took it and got really sick. Haven't been able to eat anything now for a day and a half. Not going to weigh myself, I am sure that I have lost a bunch that won't stay lost.

177.5 Nov 2008
180.5 Dec 26, 2008 a few holiday parties got me! :p
181 Dec 31, 2008 - weight is peaked :D
178 Jan 28
180 Feb 25
177 Mar 25
176 Apr 22
180.5 May 20
175 June 24 :dance:
182 Aug 2 - post cruise weight.
182.5 Aug 12 - oops! :D
180 Aug 26
180 Sep 30
180.5 Oct 29 - happy to be maintaining :D

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2009
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2010
High school weight 135 lbs senior year, running track

I keep seeing this "It's Wednesday weigh ins!" every single week and I was afraid to step in for fear of been eaten alive. I finally decided to take a peek and after reading a couple pages I've decided to stick around in hope some of it will rub off on me. Is this the time to spill my guts and be honest about where I'm at? If so then here goes. If not than please delete and I can start over again.

I'm male, 53, 5' 11", 230 lbs retired 3 years ago and put on about 40 lbs during those years. I started eating junk food and am no were near as active as I was while employed. I'm hoping to get down to 180 lbs which is where I'm most comfortable, so I guess it's all up to me to cut out the junk food, eat more sensibly and go for walks or be more active. Ya......ya.......ya, if it were that easy I would have done it already.

Ok, let me have it!!!!
I officially throw 1 grape tomato in your general direction. :LOL:

Your post is very good - you have acknowledged your current status, identified areas of improvement, and a willingness to lose weight with a defined target. All good stuff! You will do well. :flowers:

I'm a maintainer, i.e. I'm not trying too hard to lose weight.
I am at your target weight (5'7", female) so I'll offer to serve as your goalpost. ;)
My method is to eat small amounts ONLY when I'm really really hungry, versus eating a big lunch. I do eat a little bit of junk food, but in small amounts and not every day. Fresh fruit and lowfat yogurt are 2 favorites for those extreme munchie attacks.
Speaking of which....it's noon here on the East Coast and I'm starving. :greetings10:

The cold I got from my grandnephew ended up with a terrible cough. Got cough syrup with codeine from the doc. Took it and got really sick. Haven't been able to eat anything now for a day and a half. Not going to weigh myself, I am sure that I have lost a bunch that won't stay lost.
Hope you feel better soon. :flowers:

I tried to do a thanks but the keystrokes didn't echo. It might be my problem here. :confused:

Reactions: W2R
DateWeightFat%
1/23/08196.817.1%
7/30/08191.816.0%
11/12/08195.217.1%
12/03/08198.217.8%
1/07/09200.617.9%
2/04199.418.4%
3/04201.817.7%
4/01198.217.3%
5/06197.416.7%
6/03200.217.6%
7/01198.417.7%
8/05195.217.0%
9/02195.217.2%
9/09196.218.1%
9/16193.817.5%
9/23194.617.0%
9/30193.417.3%
10/07194.216.9%
10/14Vacation
10/21198.617.4%
10/28195.017.1%
Goal190.015.3%
Highest260May 2001
Lowest190June 2007

Vacation weight has been coming off. Another couple of pounds and I'll be back near my comfort range. But then it'll be the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's combo that will set me back again.

I restarted Brazilian Jiu Jitsu this week (away for 11 months with shoulder issues), which can be brutal on your body but also can be a fantastic strength workout as well. Hopefully I don't hurt myself this go-around. 2 workouts and no injuries is a start.

Kronk, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu sounds really hard!

Following Weight Watchers weigh-in this morning, I'm psyched to lose 25 lbs. Down 4.4 lbs. since last Thursday, so 20.6 to go.

Following Weight Watchers weigh-in this morning, I'm psyched to lose 25 lbs. Down 4.4 lbs. since last Thursday, so 20.6 to go.

That's a terrific loss!! You're well on your way to getting rid of those 25 pounds. :)

I imagine that understanding Japanese commands spoken with a Portuguese accent is particularly difficult (or is it Portuguese commands with a Japanese accent?)

Brilliant start :)

Three weeks, 3.5 pounds. Which is fine. One oddity is that I was really sick for a few days and one day I ate 0 calories, the next 200 and the next about 800, before going back to my 1200-1300 norm. After this week of illness I did my Sunday morning weigh-in and had lost only .5 pounds for the week. I know that the accuracy of small weight losses measures isn't great, but I thought that was interesting. And kind of a bummer. :)

Three weeks, 3.5 pounds. Which is fine. One oddity is that I was really sick for a few days and one day I ate 0 calories, the next 200 and the next about 800, before going back to my 1200-1300 norm. After this week of illness I did my Sunday morning weigh-in and had lost only .5 pounds for the week. I know that the accuracy of small weight losses measures isn't great, but I thought that was interesting. And kind of a bummer. :)

This is why any diet should have a minimum calorie number one should exceed. As soon as you eat too little the body goes into starvation mode, slows down the metabolism and starts converting muscle to fat ready endure the forthcoming "famine". Our bodies are still still basically primeval and expect feast and famine cycles.

This is why any diet should have a minimum calorie number one should exceed. As soon as you eat too little the body goes into starvation mode, slows down the metabolism and starts converting muscle to fat ready endure the forthcoming "famine". Our bodies are still still basically primeval and expect feast and famine cycles.

I was wondering if that is what happened when I was sick. Interestingly, now that I am feeling good again I am another pound down. (I know people say you shouldn't watch the scale so much, but I am finding it fascinating).

I don't read this very often but I may start. I bought a new scale with body fat % and BMI readings. I'm not about to post my numbers, but, after reading Kronks body fat reading, I'm some what depressed or something....jeepers. I've got a lot of work to do but I doubt that I will ever improve by body fat reading that much.:blush:

I'll just say that I weight 167# (5'6")...that's all you need to know.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom