It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not. Should I be ??

Two years ago we rented an RV and took our two teenagers (daughter & son) and Golden Retreiver to the Sun Bowl. We took two weeks. Not sure if the kids would agree, but DW and I had a blast. Mind you, it took two days for the Golden to get over his car sickness. But after that even he had a great time.
No you don't have to be if you don't want to:bat:. I was asking because there was a Rhonda on the RV net that used to be on alot but I haven't been on in a while and thought you might be one in the same.If I recall, Rich in Tampa was on a few times as maybe others.Thanks for the reply and have a Happy and safe New Year!

1/23: 196.8 17.1% body fat.
(snip ...)
7/30: 191.8 16.0%
(snip ...)
11/12: 195.2 17.1%
11/19: 195.0 17.0%
11/26: 195.6 17.1%
12/03: 198.2 17.8%
12/10: 196.6 16.8%
12/17: 197.6 16.5%
1/07: 200.6 17.9%
1/14: 200.0 18.0%

Goal: 190.0 15.3%

Not too bad -- nearly identical to last week. I'm still not really exercising because I can't walk without a limp because of my broken toe. And my shoulder surgery is this coming Monday. I was able to do some stationary bike riding and ab work. I'm hoping that next week my foot might feel well enough to do some lunges, or walking, or something.

If I can make it through the next 3 months (includes 6 weeks in a sling) within spitting distance of 200 lbs, I'll take that as a win.

10/29/08: 285 lbs
11/05/08: 285.6 lbs
01/14/09: 276.4 lbs

I fell off the wagon during the holidays, but want to track my weight more consistently this year. Down 9 lbs now, after stuffing myself all through the holidays; not a bad start.

Short term goal: 269 lbs
Long term goal: 225 lbs

Dec 27 08 68.2 kgs (150.04 lbs)
Jan 7 09 66.6 kgs (146.52 lbs)
Jan 14 09 67.3 kgs (148.06 lbs)

Goal: 60kgs (132lbs) - by the end of February.

Unfortunately I gained this week due to 4 days of being bad. Went out on the booze on Friday night, and boy has it had an impact for the next 4 days. Poor diet, inability to exercise, non-existent sleep. It's a sure sign for me that binge drinking is never going to feature in my future. It's not like the good old days in my 20s when I could drink huge amounts with no affect.

However I did have my body fat measured again by my trainer and in the past month I have lost nearly 1% of fat which is good. I think overall I have lost 3.5 lbs of body fat, which whilst it does not sound like much, when you actually see a physical lb of fat you realise what an achievement each pound is.

So tomorrow I am back into routine, cardio plus recording all my foods.

Feeling discouraged

Trying to get to 133#.
Last week I was 141 #.
This week: 140#. It's progress, but it's awfully hard-won. It seems like it would be very easy to gain the pound right back!

Since last week, nary a sweet has passed my lips, I've limited myself to 1500 calories a day (yogurt, lean meat, whole grains, fruit, vegetables), worked out in the gym 5 days, and gone for at least a 3-mile walk on the days I didn't work out. I've been feeling rather hungry, too.

So when I stepped on the scale today, I was expecting a drop of at least 3 pounds. :mad:

How do others keep this up week after week?

If I can make it through the next 3 months (includes 6 weeks in a sling) within spitting distance of 200 lbs, I'll take that as a win.

With the luck you've been having, you'll probably sprain your tongue with all that spitting :D

Since last week, nary a sweet has passed my lips, I've limited myself to 1500 calories a day (yogurt, lean meat, whole grains, fruit, vegetables), worked out in the gym 5 days, and gone for at least a 3-mile walk on the days I didn't work out. I've been feeling rather hungry, too.

I guess we must be a tough bunch :cool:

Seriously, don't give up, it will happen. If, after a few weeks you are not losing weight, maybe check how accurately you are measuring your calorie intake. for example, you may count an apple as 50 cals but the usual apple you get in the shops is 100 cals (3.25" across rather than 2.5")

6' 1" Target range 170 - 175.

Highest was 210lb (2002)

10/08 - 176
10/15 - 176.5
10/22 - 175
10/29 - away
11/5 – 180
11/12 – 176.5
11/19 & 11/26 - away on business & vacation
12/3 - 177
12/10 -178.5
12/17 - 176.5
12/20 - 1/4 - away on vacation
1/7 - 180.0
1/14 - 178.5

phew, managed to start moving down.

Trying to get to 133#.
Last week I was 141 #.
This week: 140#. It's progress, but it's awfully hard-won. It seems like it would be very easy to gain the pound right back!

So when I stepped on the scale today, I was expecting a drop of at least 3 pounds. :mad:

It's not easy! For me, the trick is letting myself enjoy bad food every now and again, then getting right back on the diet/exercise wagon.

Also, keep in mind that the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it. I started out at 139# October 2007. Got down to 133# by January 2008. Got down to 125# by March 2008. Since then I have fluctuated between 124# and 128#, with one bump up higher recently - so I got a little more serious about my diet.

Overall, some weeks I had no weight loss at all, despite being very very good. When I lost weight, it was never more than 1 or 2# a week.

So I guess my main point is, don't expect large weight losses every week, slow and steady and persistent wins the game.

This makes me feel good, though

Rhonda wrote, The best news, my Type II has virtually disappeared (for now). I'm taking less than a 1/3 the meds I was taking for years.

Good for Rhonda :)

simple girl wrote: Also, keep in mind that the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is to lose

Thank you, I will keep it in mind. :)

Amethyst

177.5 Nov 2008
180.5 Dec 26, 2008
a few holiday parties got me! :p

181 Dec 31, 2008 - weight is peaked :D
179 Jan 7, 2009
179 Jan 21 :cool: food portion control plan working. Started using daily fiber supplements for hunger control.

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2009
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2010

Proud to report that I am at 160 today, so like Freebird, I think the portion control plan is working to some extent.
Also, I took a belly dancing class Sunday in addition to the one hour dance class on Monday and Tuesday nights, AND my half hour strength training session with the trainer on Tuesday! I've got another dance class tonight and back to the trainer on Thursday. It is keeping me out of the bars, is all I can say! :angel:

10/29/08: 285 lbs
11/05/08: 285.6 lbs
01/14/09: 276.4 lbs
01/21/09: 276.2 lbs

I'm rehabbing an injury that is preventing me from doing much exercise, so I'll take a "holding steady" week. Ronstar, good job for dropping weight even with a cast on! You're a better man than me! :D

Short term goal: 269 lbs
Long term goal: 225 lbs

I haven't weighed in a while. I'm in the drippy nasty part of my second winter cold. I never get sick twice in a year. I blame it on the flu shot my DW manipulated me into getting.

I know I've put on 10 lbs or so during the holidays. So once I get back up to snuff I will weigh myself and get back to eating right and exercising. I did start jumping rope for a couple of days just before I got sick. That is a hell of a workout, but I enjoyed it.

Anyway, just checking in to let you know I hadn't run away from the thread, hanging my head in shame. Shame yes, running away no. To all y'all that have continued to make progress, I salute you! :clap:

Hi folks,

I am planning on making weight loss one of my retirement tasks - and I have noticed that I am already losing weight - probably due to less stress snacking now that I'm two months into retirement.

I'm not ready to post actual weight yet (blush...) but maybe after a few weeks cheering you all on, I'll start posting.

NotReady, you can do what some of our more shy members do and post a relative change instead of their actual weight.

So you could start by saying I want to lose x lbs and then report I've lost x lbs this week towards my goal of losing x lbs. Then we'll be none the wiser!

Mom always said a real lady never let on her weight or her age! :)

NotReady, you can do what some of our more shy members do and post a relative change instead of their actual weight....:)

Shy member here has gone in the wrong direction by 1.5 lbs. since last week. But ran into the one trainer I know at our gym this morning and we have a strategy (at no charge :) ) -- goal is to lose 20 lbs. by 4/30. So today I'm shyly posting a starting point of

20 lbs.

Come on, NotReady, be a shy member!

Sarah, Shymembers would be a great name for a band....

<snort> Feever, you are abut as shy as I am! Ha!
Good goal to have--mine is/was 20 lbs by 3/31. I have 15 to go!

And I'm thinking of the meanings I associate with "members" and my endlessly dirty mind comes up with...most aren't too shy!

Back at it again:

All time high 205.6 Fall 2007
Today 187.8
First goal 184
Final goal 174
High school weight 159.5

2Cor521

All time high 205.6 Fall 2007
Today 186.6
First goal 184
Final goal 174
High school weight 159.5