It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
177.5 Nov 2008
180.5 Dec 26, 2008
a few holiday parties got me! :p

181 Dec 31, 2008 - weight is peaked :D
179 Jan 7, 2009
179 Jan 21 :cool: food portion control plan working. Started using daily fiber supplements for hunger control.
178 Jan 28 :) steady as she goes...
179 Feb 6 (late reporting)
179 Feb 11 - need to start some exercise now that portion control is mastered. step by step...
177 Feb 18 :dance:
180 Feb 25 - all that imaginary cheese pizza got me! :LOL:
178.5 Mar 4
179 Mar 11 - The approaching Spring means gardening, i.e. exercise. :)
178 Mar 18

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2009
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2010
High school weight 135 lbs senior year, running track

6' 1" Target range 170 - 175.

Highest was 210lb (2002)

1/7 - 180.0
1/14 - 178.5
1/21 - 177.5
1/28 - 177.5
2/4 – 177
2/11 – 177
2/18 -177
2/25 – 178.5
3/4 – 177.5
3/11 – 176
3/18 - 178

:blush:

129# :mad:

This is what happens when you eat horribly, are under stress, and haven't worked out in a long time. OK, now that I have had to publicly humiliate myself, it's time to get back on track! Will try a low-level workout tonight. Haven't wheezed since Saturday, and my only excuse now for not trying to exercise is I'm just plumb out of the habit, tired, and lazy!

:banghead: Now that I have scolded myself perhaps I will kick it in gear!

Ok, ok, I am finally going to admit it: 130#. Gained another pound. :(

Even with telling on myself last week, I still ate too much. I did actually exercise Sat, Sun, and Tuesday. Really cranked it out Tuesday eve. No wheezing and only coughed once during the initial return to exercise Saturday. It isn't going to take long for me to get back to my high intensity dance workout, thank goodness.

Alan, I appreciate you posting your weight gain...it motivated me to tell on myself again. Boy, it really is tough to fess up when you've gained weight, especially 2 wks in a row!

March 18th: 234

DEFINITELY at a plateau. Walked 3 times and played basketball with the kids all weekend, then chowed too much. Body is now trying to balance calories and exercise. I've been through this before. I have my old trusty Trek hybrid bike at the bike shop getting a thorough lookover. I have not ridden it consistently in over 5 years.........:(

Even with telling on myself last week, I still ate too much. I did actually exercise Sat, Sun, and Tuesday. Really cranked it out Tuesday eve. No wheezing and only coughed once during the initial return to exercise Saturday. It isn't going to take long for me to get back to my high intensity dance workout, thank goodness.

Alan, I appreciate you posting your weight gain...it motivated me to tell on myself again. Boy, it really is tough to fess up when you've gained weight, especially 2 wks in a row!

I'm doomed for next week. Went to Outback last night with friends and had dinner and a few med's. Going to visit my nephew this weekend in Mobile, AL. I'll pig out at his bbq restaurant plus he has a band playing at night so the med's will be flowing.:blush: But it's time to go mow some weeds so maybe I'll work a few calories off.:)

I'm doomed for next week. Went to Outback last night with friends and had dinner and a few med's. Going to visit my nephew this weekend in Mobile, AL. I'll pig out at his bbq restaurant plus he has a band playing at night so the med's will be flowing.:blush: But it's time to go mow some weeds so maybe I'll work a few calories off.:)

Do you walk or ride when you play at the club??

Well done SG. It is very tempting to not post on bad weeks, but not posting is just hiding away from yourself.

I write my weight down each week on on my PC, but posting it on a public forum, even though it is annonymous, gives me an added incentive to improve.

We have scanned most of our old photos into our computer and our screen savers (DW has her own PC) randomly show our photos. Every now and then a photo comes up of one of us when we were a lot heavier, and that feedback is even more powerful than writing down our weight each week.

Hungry, and not losing last 3 pounds

Haven't posted in several weeks, because I had no progress to show. I lost 5 pounds (from 141 to 136) and want to lose 3 more, but they refuse to disappear. Every time I get the scale to show <136, it is because I am hungry. I'm eating upwards of 1700 calories a day, all healthy foods! How can I possibly be hungry! Ony alcohol I drink is 1 glass of wine with dinner on Saturdays.

As soon as I eat enough not to be hungry, I'm back to 136-137 again.

Still either working out or going for long, vigorous walks 7 days a week.

The bright side:
1) My clothes fit better. :)

2) My feet don't hurt when I get out of bed any more. Amazing that a 5-pound weight loss could make that much difference.:):) (It makes me think that people who lose 50 - 100 pounds have got to feel like brand-new people).

I'd really like to get rid of those last 3, but not if it means I'm hungry all the time. I was talking to someone at work yesterday, and my stomach started growling so loudly that the person at the next desk actually looked up and laughed! :LOL:

The bright side:

2) My feet don't hurt when I get out of bed any more. Amazing that a 5-pound weight loss could make that much difference.:):) (It makes me think that people who lose 50 - 100 pounds have got to feel like brand-new people).

I'd really like to get rid of those last 3, but not if it means I'm hungry all the time. I was talking to someone at work yesterday, and my stomach started growling so loudly that the person at the next desk actually looked up and laughed! :LOL:

It doesn't sound worth the effort to lose that last 3 pounds if it means you are hungry all the time. It sounds like your fitness level and shape is dramatically improved so why not change your target to maintain what you have - your weight and fitness.

If you can maintain for 12 months, you may feel up to trying again, and since your body's "set-point" will have been fixed at your new weight, you may find it easier to drop that last 3 pounds.

PS - even in maintenance mode you should post every week to keep your focus.

Haven't posted in several weeks, because I had no progress to show. I lost 5 pounds (from 141 to 136) and want to lose 3 more, but they refuse to disappear. Every time I get the scale to show <136, it is because I am hungry. I'm eating upwards of 1700 calories a day, all healthy foods! How can I possibly be hungry! Ony alcohol I drink is 1 glass of wine with dinner on Saturdays.

The bright side:

Great work Amethyst!

:clap:

I understand the being hungry all the time feeling - not fun! I would probably go ahead and eat a little more to not feel so starved all the time, but ramp up or change your exercise program somehow, too. Find a way to increase the intensity. Maybe add a little hi-intensity bursts to your walking. Or, do a different type of exercise; sometimes cross-training will kick up the metabolism a little. Or maybe try some strength training, which in the long run will boost your metabolism, too.

It may take longer to lose the last 3# this way, but if you are feeling pretty good at your current weight, it may be worth it to reduce your current suffering! :)

PS - even in maintenance mode you should post every week to keep your focus.

you are feeling pretty good at your current weight, it may be worth it to reduce your current suffering! :)

Good suggestions, Alan and SG, and thanks for the encouragement. I will focus on maintaining 136#.

Not sure I can do much more exercise (have had to ramp down the amount of weight I use, because of chronic shoulder/neck problems that are almost surely caused by w*rk), but I have improved the nutrient density of my diet. Did you read the thread about oatmeal? I think it is a miracle food.

I will try to remember to post every week, lest I go back to my stress/sweets-eating ways. :angel:

Not sure I can do much more exercise (have had to ramp down the amount of weight I use, because of chronic shoulder/neck problems that are almost surely caused by w*rk), but I have improved the nutrient density of my diet. Did you read the thread about oatmeal? I think it is a miracle food.

I will try to remember to post every week, lest I go back to my stress/sweets-eating ways. :angel:

I'm a believer that Oatmeal is really good for you and eat it for breakfast at least twice a week plus we make our own muesli which includes plenty of rolled oats. (home made yogurt plus home-made muesli is also a favorite breakfast or snack of mine).

Bad week, 195 even. Better luck next week. It's frustrating when you work out that much.

Phew, had a business trip last week so I'm late. Didn't even weigh myself last week but I was 192 this morning, so thankfully I didn't do much damage. If anyone was staying in the Long Beach Marriot last week I apologize for doing my P90X jump training in my room!

I have come to the realization that I will not have abs for Hawaii (leave the 13th of April) but I will post pics from there anyway so you can see my progress (I'll rustle up a "before" as well). As DW describes it, right now I look "T.V. normal" as I'm in the normal BMI range, chest bigger than stomach, no gut hanging over etc. But there are still love handles (more like a thin layer of insulation) so I'm hoping to work those off in the next three weeks.

Oh, and I'm totally cheating and getting a professional spray on tan job before I go because I don't believe in skin cancer but want the illusion of a 10 lb drop that a tan gives you! :cool:

Oh, and I'm totally cheating and getting a professional spray on tan job before I go because I don't believe in skin cancer but want the illusion of a 10 lb drop that a tan gives you! :cool:

I'll take your mancard away, thank you. Real men don't spary-tan. we blind folks with white skin........:D

Wow, that guy in the center looks like satan! This will be subtle, I promise. You'll think I didn't do it at all if you didn't see a before picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom