Just Lost 5 years off my life - Seahawks!

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
I can't believe it....the youth and confidence of these guys pulled together and won. Another Super Bowl for the phenomenal Seattle Seahawks.:dance:

I can't believe it....the youth and confidence of these guys pulled together and won. Another Super Bowl for the phenomenal Seattle Seahawks.:dance:

boring game :D .... unbelievable that RW threw 4 picks... he was so humble after the game, very refreshing (contrast that with Sherman's interview last year ) Hope the Pats go down in flames either tonight or in 2 weeks..

Two weeks for the guys to mend. They are such a fun young group of guys to watch. They truly believe in and play for each other. And Pete is the perfect coach to mentor and lead these guys and an owner that stays out of the way. So happy for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Y'all had to know the NFL would never in a million years allow an all-Midwest SuperBowl. East-Coast/West-Coast is the ratings bonanza, and as Shaq so famously said about the NBA-

"It's all about the show" :dance::dance::dance:

Y'all had to know the NFL would never in a million years allow an all-Midwest SuperBowl. East-Coast/West-Coast is the ratings bonanza, and as Shaq so famously said about the NBA-

"It's all about the show" :dance::dance::dance:
ya shure, you betcha! :facepalm:

Seahawk mantra....."Never A Doubt".

We turned off the TV at halftime when they were behind 16 to zip...didn't want to see them lose.

#$@$ missed some good football, and we live in Seattle!

Wouldn't the deflated ball benefit both teams equally?

Heart attack Seahawks! Yeah. See ya at the Super Bowl! Go Hawks!

I have no dog in this fight. I loved the game.

heh heh heh - I shall wear one of my old Saint's T's and cheer for each team that is looking good by turn and try not to eat too much during Superbowl. My Sis is conflicted - Pat's fan for years in Vermont and they retired to WA state and became a Seattle fan also.

Seattle better play much better than they did to beat the PATS. GB outplayed them for 55 minutes but couldn't close the deal.

Go Pats.

That was one wild game. I thought it was "sleeping in Seattle for 55 minutes". Then I'm not sure what happened, they woke up as a different team. If they can play 60 minutes might be a good game.

Wouldn't the deflated ball benefit both teams equally?

No. On offense each team plays with their own balls :cool:
NFL says Patriots used 11 underinflated footballs - Sports - The Boston Globe

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_2013_Ball.pdf

And NFL ball controversies are not new- Ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson alleges that back in 2002 he paid a guy thousands $$ to scuff his balls before his winning performance in Super Bowl XXXVII. :)eek:)
Deflategate is nothing! Bucs QB ‘bribed’ to scuff Super Bowl balls | New York Post

Seems to me there is an easy way to solve the ball problem and that is to have the ref's hand out (and control) the balls that both teams must use. No more 'bring your own ball'. Simple.

Use the old parent trick: one kid cuts the chocolate bar in half, the other gets to chose his piece.

No. On offense each team plays with their own balls :cool:
NFL says Patriots used 11 underinflated footballs - Sports - The Boston Globe

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_2013_Ball.pdf

And NFL ball controversies are not new- Ex-NFL QB Brad Johnson alleges that back in 2002 he paid a guy thousands $$ to scuff his balls before his winning performance in Super Bowl XXXVII. :)eek:)
Deflategate is nothing! Bucs QB ‘bribed’ to scuff Super Bowl balls | New York Post

I did not know that. Seems to invite shenanigans. I would think the referees should control the supply of game balls.

I also wonder if filling and measuring the ball pressure is done indoors at room temperature. If so, when you take them out into the cold, you would expect the internal pressure to drop. P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2 and V is constant.

Last edited:
I did not know that. Seems to invite shenanigans. I would think the referees should control the supply of game balls.

I also wonder if filling and measuring the ball pressure is done indoors at room temperature. If so, when you take them out into the cold, you would expect the internal pressure to drop. P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2 and V is constant.

Agree 100% should be all be the same for both teams. MLB does not allow pitchers to supply their own balls, why should NFL?

FWIW- Temp difference does not explain "Deflategate".
Game time temp was 51F, or 21deg below room temp.
NFL spec ball pressure is 13psi +/- 0.5psi.
According to Ideal Gas Law:
PV/T= C (constant)
since V of a football at rest is constant, P2/T2=P1/T1, or P2= P1 * (T2/T1)
T is absolute Temp (i.e. degrees above absolute zero, -459.67F).
Assuming refs testing balls at room temp at NFL's 13psi, we would have on field ball pressure of
P=(510.67/531.67)*13psi= 12.48psi
Even allowing the specified 0.5psi tolerance, Pat's balls (reportedly) at 11psi would still violate league rules.
Not that it mattered to the game's outcome, but rules are rules.

Last edited:
MLB does not allow pitchers to supply their own balls, why should NFL?
Actually MLB home team supplies balls for both teams, which has lead to it's own series of scandals and controversies as some teams accused others of doctoring balls or switching from livelier to deader balls between innings.

Back
Top Bottom