Lowe's and health insurance

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
Well, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I found out today that you can get health bennies at Lowe's if you work 10 hours/wk. I had heard this was possible at Starbuck's, at 20 hours wk, but had never heard about it for Lowe's.

My hairdresser works FT doing hair, then works an additional 10 hours/wk at Lowe's to get all of her benefits. Hmmm. I think I could handle 10 hours/wk when FIRE'd, if I had to, to get health insurance. Interesting!

I think Lowe's just reported a 60% haircut in sales and/or profit so maybe there will be a lot more competition for those PT jobs.

Home Depot also offers bennies to those who work 20 hours/week. Or so an employee told me last year.

Getting a job there might be difficult now though. A couple of days ago I went to HD and they had more employees than customers. That is probably not sustainable for long.

Getting a job there might be difficult now though. A couple of days ago I went to HD and they had more employees than customers. That is probably not sustainable for long.
Considering the quality of their "customer service" during the Nardelli era, we're enjoying the current situation while it lasts. We actually had a good time spending a couple hours on a remodel project the other week, and we certainly had everyone's undivided attention...

These businesses are struggling to remain profitable, and I'd expect part-timer health bennies to be among the first and most obvious places to cut costs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom