MASA emergency travel insurance?

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
MASA Assist -- Emergency Air Ambulance Service to World Travelers
https://www.masaassist.com/

Has anyone ever used, or known of someone who used, this sort of emergency travel insurance program?

On the face of it, I like the idea, but I wonder if anyone has experience with this or similar programs.

For example:
Q: How does MASA work when I am traveling?
A: If you suffer an illness or injury that requires hospitalization, MASA returns you home for treatment or to recuperate in familiar surroundings. If you require air ambulance transportation, MASA can send a relative or friend with you and if your vehicle is stranded MASA will return that to your home by a bonded driver.

That is a pretty narrow thing to insure against. Trip Cancellation Package Policies offer the broadest protection, including coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel delay, as well as medical and emergency evacuation. You might compare what you found with insuremytrip.com.

I've never used them, but MASA was recommended highly to me in the past from folks I know who travel a lot.

That looks good too, nwsteve.
I should have mentioned that I was offered a steep discount (~45%) through one of my membership organizations on the MASA plan, which is why I'm considering it.

That is a pretty narrow thing to insure against. Trip Cancellation Package Policies offer the broadest protection, including coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel delay, as well as medical and emergency evacuation. You might compare what you found with insuremytrip.com.

When I travel, all I insure against is medical evacuation. I can self insure against loss of some travel costs, but air evacuation gets into cost levels that get my attention.

Back
Top Bottom