Medicare EasyPay, Charged Twice in September

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My medicare premium was paid twice on 9/20 (on Easy Pay). Apparently this has happened to others as well (according to Boomer Benefits).

Did it happen to you?

My plan is to wait a week for Medicare to figure out what went wrong, and if it isn't fixed by then, I'll call.

UPDATE:

From my chat with Medicare (very fast and responsive!):

[10:15:30 am]: Sandra
Thank you for contacting Medicare.
I will be happy to assist you today. Your Medicare Part B premium has been deducted twice from your checking account. Correct?
[10:15:38 am]: ALAN
Yes.
[10:16:24 am]: Sandra
I do apologize. We are aware of the double billing. We are working to refund your money. However, it may take until October 1 for you to receive your refund.

It happened to me too. I had recently signed up for SS to begin spousal payments in November and was thinking it might have something to do with that - but after reading this I now know it's just a goof-up on the part of SS. I was just going to keep an eye on it and see what happened. Thanks for posting this.

Pretty standard for those of us who paid our Medicare with their Easy Pay system before filing for SS benefits. I never even bothered to contact them and they corrected it the next month.

rather than sign up for easy pay where they automatically deduct from your checking account, I control when it gets paid through the mediare.gov website and I can charge it on my c.c. with no extra fee.

Soooo,,the guy that got let go from Vanguard after the Wellington incident found a job working for Medicare?

T-Al have you seen a refund yet? I have not and was wondering if it was time to try calling Medicare?

OK, I take it back. My refund hit my bank account this morning. All is good.

I haven't seen it yet. They're probably using the float to build a wall.

Back
Top Bottom