Migraine Headache sufferers...

mykidslovedogs

Full time employment: Posting here.
As an agent, I have run into quite a few clients that suffer from migraine headaches. I also have two very good friends who have suffered. One of my good friends has told me about a treatment she has been getting that seems to be working very well for her, and apparently, it was quite inexpensive. I asked her to pass the info onto me, so I could let other people know about it. Here is the information she emailed to me:

"The name of the treatment is "Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy". It is considered to be a physical therapy modality."

The office she goes to in Colorado Springs is called "XXX Group", Dr. xxxx, 000 000-0000.

Don't know if this could be of use to any of you, but I thought it might.

Moderator Edit: specific practice referral/promotion deleted (use PM if necessary)

I'm willing to look at anything. I had my first migrane a couple weeks ago and it scared the crap out of me. I had to crawl into bed with all curtains closed and pull the covers over my head, couldn't even move for some time. I've had bad headaches but that shook me up.

Man, I could have used that info this morning instead of those two Percocets!

I'll look into the therapy, thanks very much. Do you know what your friend's trigger is for them? Mine are hormonal, so most preventative therapies aren't effective. I have severe and frequent migraines and it sucks to have to keep on keeping on when I do!

Laurence, usually men with migraines actually have worse symptoms than women do, and male sufferers are much more rare. So you've got that going for you!
:-\ Sorry!

Sarah

I have no idea what the trigger was for her. Before the therapy, she said she was getting incapacitating ones almost twice a week. Since the therapy, she says she's had a few minor headaches, but that's it! I thought that was pretty exciting....not that one person's results will be another's but it might be worth a try.

Thanks for posting on migraine. It's very common and highly treatable, including preventively. It can be a miserable disease to suffer from.

I'm not familiar with Frequency Specific Microcurrent Therapy. Here is a link for you to evaluate if interested. I'm glad it seemed to work for MKLD's friend.

(Please note that even well-intended public promotion of specific practitioners is best handled privately per board guidelines.)

Here is a link to patient information of a traditional nature. The nature of the disease is such that its treatment attracts more than its share of charlatans, so do your homework.

My migraines tapered off after I retired.

I started having horrendous migraines in the 4th grade. Completely stress related. I'd be down and out for 3+ days and then have horrible eye pain for 2-3 days afterwards. I found limiting contact with a particular family member "cured" me. I now have very mild migraines that are work stress related. I'll be getting rid of those suckers on June 29th. :LOL: I can control mine with 2.5 mg of Zomig and only have 3 or so a month. If I was still having the bad ones, I'd sure look into that alternative treatment. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, funny that I didn't have any migraines when we quit work and lived on the sailboat that summer. connection between work and migraines...hmmmmm....

Sarah

Back
Top Bottom