MRI not the gold standard

You know, I remember the MRI that I got on my back... it was a horrible experience (that I seemed to have forgotten a bit)... put in a small tube and the operator that did not seem to respond to anything... including me moving!!! I have some back problems and as someone else mentioned, once I got inside it starting to hurt bad...

I remember my BIL telling me to get a pill to knock me out.... that is how he did them... if I have to do again that is what I will do...

My last MRI was a tragic accident. My c-spine was causing incredible pain and numbness in my left arm. As the tech got me situated that nerve got pinched and as the tech gave me the panic button in my left hand it became paralyzed.

So here I am in the MRI in incredible pain and a panic button I can't depress! Somewhere during the event the tech uses the speaker to tell me to stay still! Haha, I'd been screaming in intense pain for at least 20 minutes! They said the MRI was OK quality wise, as after it was over I let them know how much I'd been moving around.

My last PET scan after my tongue/throat cancer treatments was 'interesting'. I came a bit early and saw an ambulance and two medics removing a body. I mentioned that to the nurse at check in and she said, "Oh, you saw that. Do you want to reschedule?" I didn't. It went fine and finally, 18 moths after the radiation & chemo I got my first clear reading. :dance:

18 moths after the radiation & chemo I got my first clear reading. :dance:
Congratulations. :) I will have get my pet moths working for me, too.

My last PET scan after my tongue/throat cancer treatments was 'interesting'. I came a bit early and saw an ambulance and two medics removing a body. I mentioned that to the nurse at check in and she said, "Oh, you saw that. Do you want to reschedule?" I didn't. It went fine and finally, 18 moths after the radiation & chemo I got my first clear reading. :dance:

Good for you...

At least the nurse did not say 'Oh, that was the last guy to get a scan'.....

Had an MRI on lumbar spine and I have new life after. No fusion, just a diskectomy. After decades of pain, with a year of 5+ pain, I'm a new person today.

My MRI was pretty dramatic even to a lay person. So in my case, it was a pretty high standard, compared to regular old x-rays. Hell of a lot better than a myelogram.

I used to be the "no surgery ever" guy until I was brought to my knees by every cough and deep breath.

LOL, How's the ankle doing?
No pain as long as I keep it elevated and don't move it. First post-op check-up tomorrow will let me see the stitches for the first time. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom