Multiple Sclerosis vs My DW

I'm sorry for your wife's MS diagnosis.

I was diagnosed over 8 years ago at the age of 45. My neurologist believes I have the RRMS but I am not sure since I have not had any known relapses in the past 8 years. I believe I am SP now. I seem to have a very slow progression of symptoms. I do find that heat makes my symptoms (weak legs, fatigue, co-ordination) worse. I still walk unassisted most times and people would not know I have MS. I do use a cane on longer walks (20 min or longer). This disease is very unpredictable and is very different from patient to patient.

I am not on any special diet but I am on Avonex injections once a week. I saw my neurologist last week and he recommended that I take 2000-4000 iu of Vitamin D daily. He said there was a study released that shows that it helps. He also told me to have my 3 children take Vitamin D supplements also.

I understand the shock of the diagnosis. Please take one day at a time. I hope your wife has a mild course of the disease. I'm glad to see that you are researching the disease and supporting her through this. You seem to be a very caring husband. Good luck to you both.

I know nothing about this disease, but here is the website of a Dr. who was severely compromised from MS, and has made a startling recovery.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom