My DH has prostate cancer

...drink 16 ounces of water. We made it to the center on time without much conversation. However DH took me by surprise when he took advantage of the empty snow laden lot next to the center and proceeded to do a donut in the car. Mmm, hmmm…boyz will be boyz.... :D

I really thought you were going to say (because of the 16 oz. of water and boyz will be boyz) that he took advantage of the empty snow laden lot to "write" "Mr. bbbamI loves bbbamI" in the snow.:smitten:

Glad to hear the appointment finally happened in spite of the sucky weather and he got the tattoos and is all set to begin the next part of his journey.

I really thought you were going to say (because of the 16 oz. of water and boyz will be boyz) that he took advantage of the empty snow laden lot to "write" "Mr. bbbamI loves bbbamI" in the snow.:smitten:

I did that in the snow when I was dating DW2B outside her family's house. What really upset her parents was that it was in DW2B's handwriting ;)

I used meditation/relaxation tapes while I waited for my Dad. The speaker was so soft spoken and if you let yourself be led through the process, it is quite relaxing. I always closed my eyes so as not to be distracted (ie, not let anything remind me where I was and what was going on). Helped me be a lot more relaxed and stronger for him. If that's not for you, Moemg's suggestions are pretty top notch.

I had the procedure done 2 years ago. The prep was nowhere the ordeal like most people feared.

Thanks NW. I'm at the age to have this procedure and have been stressed out about it. The stories about how awful it is freaks me out. Truth be told, I'm not brave about medical stuff.

Thanks NW. I'm at the age to have this procedure and have been stressed out about it. The stories about how awful it is freaks me out. Truth be told, I'm not brave about medical stuff.

The hardest part is calling to make the appointment. :) After that you know you have to go through with it, so you do what you have to do.

I think the hardest part of this is all the setup and "one-time things" that end up being done two or three times.

I hope that waiting room has information on the "survivors & spouses support group"!

I'm pretty sure that takes more than 16 ounces...

I hope that waiting room has information on the "survivors & spouses support group"!
I did notice a lot of pamphlets but for some reason couldn't bring myself to look at them more closely. It could be that looking at them would make this situation 'more real'. Maybe next time I'll have more courage and will take a look.
I'm pretty sure that takes more than 16 ounces...
Oh yeah...at least 32 would be my guess.

I did notice a lot of pamphlets but for some reason couldn't bring myself to look at them more closely. It could be that looking at them would make this situation 'more real'. Maybe next time I'll have more courage and will take a look.

There are two excellent organizations that provide support and education to those newly diagnosed with PCa, to survivors and to their families. One is called UsTOO. The other is Man to Man and is affiliated with the American Cancer Society. In some locales groups are connected with both UsTOO and M-to-M. They typically have some combination of guest speakers and exchange of information on treatments, side effects, etc.

Good luck to you and your husband; it's a difficult time.

Thank you friar...:flowers: I will look into those.

It's been my experience so far with his diagnosis of cancer that I've taken every emotion I've ever felt, added a few I've only read about and put them in a pot to simmer. Some days are pretty tough.

However, I believe education, patience and a bit of humor will keep our heads above water.

Thanks again. :)

...It's been my experience so far with his diagnosis of cancer that I've taken every emotion I've ever felt, added a few I've only read about and put them in a pot to simmer. Some days are pretty tough.

However, I believe education, patience and a bit of humor will keep our heads above water.

Thanks again. :)

And...you have all of us rooting for a successful outcome for DH's treatment.

HUG :flowers:

BbbamI. Speaking from experience with DW's lung cancer. The anticipation and uncertainty grows monsters in the mind. Given your DH's prognosis, think more along the lines of Muppets.

I'll let her figure that one out all by her lonesome.

I don't think bbamI saw this post yet. I eagerly await her "return of the serve".

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hey, maybe it's because I'm not a native here but I honestly didn't understand the Muppet reference. :blush:

Hey, maybe it's because I'm not a native here but I honestly didn't understand the Muppet reference. :blush:
Muppets are cute and fuzzy and benevolent versus Monsters being scaly and scary and malevolent.
Think along the lines of Kermit the Frog versus Godzilla. ;)

bbbamI will get a good laugh from your post, of this I am very certain. I valiantly stifled a few responses that popped into my little brain. I'm saving the response all for her. :D

Muppets are cute and fuzzy and benevolent versus monsters being scaly and scary and malevolent.
Think along the lines of Kermit the Frog versus Godzilla. ;)

bbbamI will get a good laugh from your post, of this I am very certain. I valiantly stifled a few responses that popped into my little brain. I'm saving the response all for her. :D

Gotcha. In England, calling someone a Muppet is not a compliment :whistle:

sCh_elmodance.gif
............Dare I say if this guy were to come at DH and get anywhere near his backside, there would be one dead muppet.

For the Yanks:

British Insults (Slang)

I think that British Slang insults are far more "pleasing to the ear" than American insults... Here are some British terms for "idiot"

Plonker, Muppet, Numpty, Clot and Pillock.

Of course there are always room for the more offensive terms of:
Wanker, Prat, Oik, Tosser and Twat.

Yesterday DH had his first RT. T Al…your friend was right. Drinking the water and holding it was very difficult. But I think it was because he had to have a scan before the RT. (He was due to have his scan done the day before, but the appt was cancelled due to icy roads.) That made him hold his ‘water’ longer. When they completed the scan, they made larger marks on his tattoos in order to line up the radiation beams. The RT itself lasted only about four minutes. There was no discomfort from the RT. Of course during the treatment, he had to be perfectly still.

They told him not to drink quite as much water and see if that helps. I think since it takes about 45 minutes to get to the medical center, he could drink some water at home then sip the rest of it on the way. We’ll see if that works.

Oh...I was telling a friend last night that during his RT, I was in the lobby. They have a tv in there and it was on Fox News. Lo and behold, Glenn Beck was on. I couldn't help but wonder...'haven't I suffered enough?' I swear if I had my rifle with me I would have blown that tv to smithereens. Fortunately I had my ear plugs in my purse and put them in. Finally I got a little peace.

Back
Top Bottom