Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #21
Confused about dryer sheets

Believe me I know how frustrating this is. It appears from my conversations with the Marketplace that you need to allow 30 days from the time of the "escalation." Apparently if the issue is not resolved in that time frame, a supervisor will step in and give you the information you need. Hopefully your frustration will end soon. Please keep me posted. I'll say a prayer for a speedy resolution for you!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernow View Post
I finally got my corrected 1095-A online last night. The less encouraging part is, they also gave me notice that my subsidies are ending because they did not receive my income documentation though I had uploaded it to the site and sent certified mail. I'm inclined to just get the rest of the credit when I file next year, assuming I could do that.

Sent from my XT1031 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
The lack of a 1095-A was my first problem. I am also now dealing with cancellation of my policy due to 'insufficient documentation' as well. The rep. I called was able to submit a new application which gives me some time to re-submit documentation. The really frustrating part is that no one is able to tell me what was wrong with the documentation I provided which was pretty simple and straightforward. I think the problem may be that my situation is not common (early retired with no earned income) so the documentation doesn't make immediate sense to them. I uploaded new documentation this morning with a very detailed cover letter and am now waiting to see what happens with my 2015 coverage as well as my 2014 1095-A so I can file taxes.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

FYI, my Corrected 1095-A just arrived in the snail mail yesterday (March 20).
Old 04-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Well, after many calls and being told many times that someone would call me back within two, three and then four weeks (but still no 1095-A or call and it's now over that by far) I was finally transferred to someone who confirmed the numbers I needed to fill out my taxes. In questioning the representative about whether my problem was a fluke she said no, that "thousands and thousands and thousands of people" are in my situation having not received the proper tax documents. She went on to explain that it is the first year and that hopefully the problems will be resolved next year. I expressed my concern about filing my taxes without having the 1095-A produced and she assured me that the Healthcare.gov and IRS systems are linked so the IRS has access to all my insurance information.

I didn't say this to her, but I have my doubts. I am, however, relieved to have the numbers confirmed and have a name to attach to that confirmation. I am still uneasy about filing my taxes without knowing that the proper tax documentation has been produced for the IRS to match up to my numbers.

Hopefully I will see a 1095-A on the Healthcare.gov website or in the mail prior to April 15th but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
This was mentioned earlier. ACA, made mistake. Sent out 1095A's that were incorrect. Said wait, for corrected 1095"s before sending in Tax Returns.

Just read article in Paper, Said, IRS is going to "pardon" any incorrect tax
return already submitted. So no need to refile correct tax return.

This is the simple answer. Question is. What exactly was incorrect.
Did I overpay, or under pay.

IN my case, covered Ca. my 1095A was incorrect, but I'm not sure if the corrected version, which I'm still waiting for, corrects something else, not
the error I found. ACA is out of control. ha
Update. Went to Cover CA website, (ACA), 1095A on line was the original
uncorrected version. Not updated!

April 8th. Still have not received corrected version. So did best I could, and mailed in 1040's, Today. Have taxes due, and have to pay estimated taxes so could not wait any longer for ACA..What a joke!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Out of the blue, today I received a notice telling me that my application for medi-cal had been denied, and another telling me that my application for medi-cal had been accepted. Since my 'case worker' has never returned any of my calls, and doesn't appear to speak any English, I find myself a little confused!

Digging into the 'acceptance' letter, it appears that they've cherry-picked a number from the 1040 I uploaded to the 'proof of income' section of CoveredCA. That number was my IRA distribution, which together with my final wage packet from January, made up my income for 2014. Of course, that distribution was a small amount to take my income above the Medicaid threshold. It appears they've taken that number, divided by 12 and lo: I have a new income estimate, courtesy of medi-cal!

I think I shall hotfoot it over to their local office in the morning, as that is one of their options for correcting income discrepancies. Perhaps I'll ask to have an English speaking case worker assigned to me at the same time. I'd be grateful for any other recommended courses of action ... anyone?
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
This was mentioned earlier. ACA, made mistake. Sent out 1095A's that were incorrect. Said wait, for corrected 1095"s before sending in Tax Returns.

Just read article in Paper, Said, IRS is going to "pardon" any incorrect tax
return already submitted. So no need to refile correct tax return.

This is the simple answer. Question is. What exactly was incorrect.
Did I overpay, or under pay.

IN my case, covered Ca. my 1095A was incorrect, but I'm not sure if the corrected version, which I'm still waiting for, corrects something else, not
the error I found. ACA is out of control. ha
Received GF's corrected 1095! Was mailed March 30 to our Colorado address and USPS got it to Az yesterday. Her taxes were filed right after we received the original in mid Feb.

Ran TT to see if the corrected version affected her taxes. It did significantly... basically wiping out her refund. IRS says don't have to file amended return nor will they try and recoup underpayments. Will be interesting to see if they send original refund based on incorrect 1095 or whether they will just go ahead and correct and send reduced amount.

She filed by mail as she was a victim of a fraudulent filing a few years ago and is leery of efile. "Where's my refund" says her return is still being processed.

This could get interesting.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Up Date. ACA, (called Covered California here). Still have not received
corrected 1095's. Again, what a joke
Old 04-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

I gave up on my 1095-A from the Federal marketplace and went ahead and filed my taxes with the numbers I had. It's the best I could do and I didn't want to prolong the agony by filing an extension. I very much doubt that it will ever be produced anyway.

I hope things go more smoothly for 2015 coverage although it's already started out bumpy with our coverage being cancelled once and then immediately renewed due to someone not understanding my income situation. And then of course there's the issue of in-process Supreme Court case....
Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 AM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Up Date. ACA, (called Covered California here). Still have not received
corrected 1095's. Again, what a joke
As mentioned earlier, I also could not wait. So filed using what I thought
would be the correct 1095a.

If I ever get the corrected 1095a, will do amended return, if I'm owed $.

Sad story is, taxpayers who pay to have there returns prepared are up the
creek. If they wait, and file an extension, it costs them much more to have
returns prepared.

If they do what I've done. And then have taxpayer do an amended return when they do receive 1095a, another fee.

such a mess....
Old 04-18-2015, 02:03 AM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Didn't get around to filling out my taxes until early this week. Noticed the 1095A I received from the Washington state exhange was obviously wrong. Sent an email to the exchange explaining what I thought was erroneous.

The site said the wouldn't be able to respond by April 15 unless I had emailed by March 30. Went ahead and filed taxes anyway with the incorrect form figuring I would amend if/when I received a corrected form. The correction would have increased my refund by $2,000.

They sent the corrected form by email on April 15 anyway. I had filed my taxes on the 14th. Send an amended return today.

Love the fact I'm getting affordable health care in ER, but the customer service at the exchange has been pretty poor.