No longer a Medicare Virgin

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Since I am not a recipient of SS benefit yet, I pay about $110/month for Medicare Part B while others who receive SS benefits deducted their check monthly still pay $96. I don't like it but that's the way the mop flops. Having Tricare-for-life (TFL) seems to be an excellent medigap program.

I contacted my new Dr. and made an appointment to receive a "Welcome to Medicare" preventive physical exam. The Dr. charged $253 for the outpatient visit. I assume that this includes the lab work. Medicare approved $182 and paid him only $22.20 about 6 weeks later. A month later TFL paid him $159.80. Looks like 100% of my Medicare allowed bill was paid.

Looks like the system works pretty well so far.

Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well. Sometimes I worry about how Medicare and my BCBS Standard (federal retirement health care) will interact when I become eligible for Medicare. Supposedly Medicare is primary, but I had heard they sometimes argue about that.

At least in your case, it sounds pretty seamless.

Why did you decide to get Medicare, part B (the part you pay for?) I would have thought TFL would pay the whole thing if Medicare didn't pay any. I haven't decided yet about Part B.

Since I am not a recipient of SS benefit yet, I pay about $110/month for Medicare Part B while others who receive SS benefits deducted their check monthly still pay $96. I don't like it but that's the way the mop flops. Having Tricare-for-life (TFL) seems to be an excellent medigap program.

I contacted my new Dr. and made an appointment to receive a "Welcome to Medicare" preventive physical exam. The Dr. charged $253 for the outpatient visit. I assume that this includes the lab work. Medicare approved $182 and paid him only $22.20 about 6 weeks later. A month later TFL paid him $159.80. Looks like 100% of my Medicare allowed bill was paid.

Looks like the system works pretty well so far.

This is good to hear. I just switched from Tricare Standard to Medicare at the beginning of this month and did all the right things to get DEERS updated. I've yet to see a doc under Medicare (although I did order scrips from TMOP since switching.) The on-line TMOP order seemed the same as ever. I'm going to save my "Welcome to Medicare" visit for my next "annual physical."

Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well. Sometimes I worry about how Medicare and my BCBS Standard (federal retirement health care) will interact when I become eligible for Medicare. Supposedly Medicare is primary, but I had heard they sometimes argue about that.

At least in your case, it sounds pretty seamless.

Why did you decide to get Medicare, part B (the part you pay for?) I would have thought TFL would pay the whole thing if Medicare didn't pay any. I haven't decided yet about Part B.
I have BCBS standard too and have wondered how it worked with Medicare; I have two years to go to 65. I spoke with an uncle of mine who retired from the Bureau of Land Management about 30 years ago (he's 93 this year) and he said he has had no problems with the BCBS/Medicare combo.

I have BCBS standard too and have wondered how it worked with Medicare; I have two years to go to 65. I spoke with an uncle of mine who retired from the Bureau of Land Management about 30 years ago (he's 93 this year) and he said he has had no problems with the BCBS/Medicare combo.

That's good to hear. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom