Poll:How many daily medications do you take?

How many daily medications do you take?

Votes: 67 34.7%

Votes: 33 17.1%

Votes: 26 13.5%

Votes: 24 12.4%

Votes: 18 9.3%

Votes: 8 4.1%

Votes: 7 3.6%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • >8

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
1 statin --- should say 1/2 bc I cut the prescribed dose on 1/2 as it still keeps my HCOL in optimal range (pill doesn't come any smaller)

No I don't think that doesn't count (in this poll). Taking two or three different meds for the same condition would count as more than one med. But goal is how many different meds per day. Not pills. I wouldn't even count short acting versus long acting or oral versus sublingual if it is the same med. Like someone taking different types of insulin. But insulin and an oral hypoglycemic counts as two...

I put 8, including 2 different types of insulin as they are different medications used for different purposes (the long-term insulin won't prevent me from going into a coma from eating too much, for instance, so I need both). They may both be called insulin, but they're different drugs...

65 years old next month. Zero meds.

I have a few minor symptoms for which I am sure there are Rx drugs, but I'd rather go clean as long as I can.

I also take turmeric every day for inflammation ...

I added Turmeric to my diet for many years... until I found out that the it is really Curcumin that does all the heavy lifting health-wise and Turmeric has only a small amount. See, for example: https://nootriment.com/curcumin-dosage/

I, now, take a 2250mg capsule of Curcumin every morning. FWIW, I do this to prevent colon polyps.

I take two prescription drugs every day. They are both for prevention rather than for treatment. I have Afib and take Warfarin to prevent a stroke and a Beta-blocker (Atenolol) to prevent tachycardia (very rapid heart beat). My cardiologist says that they are most likely not needed but... just in case. I have been on this regimen for over ten years.

On the non-prescription side, my daily vices are Cacao, Ginger, Cinnamon, and the above mentioned Curcumin. I waste no money on vitamin/mineral supplements since I have no deficits in that area -- https://www.vitastiq.com/

Back
Top Bottom