Prostate cancer redux

Thanks :) Right now, though, the little guy feels more like this.
:hide::hide::hide:

Right now...maybe so. But it's difficult to keep a good soldier down.
sFi_tank.gif

Sounds like great results from the surgery and things will continue to improve. So glad for you and your family.

Congrats FR. Glad to know that the plumbing works. It all "Depends" on a really good surgeon, and these new advanced techniques, as we have found in my dad's case.

Congrats FR. Glad to know that the plumbing works. It all "Depends" on a really good surgeon, and these new advanced techniques, as we have found in my dad's case.

Well, I have a bunch of unused Depends to give away if anyone needs them :nonono:

I just talked to my doc's office and told them I was completely continent and they couldn't believe it, they've never had anyone completely dry right from the get go.

They asked me a bunch of questions to make sure I didn't have a blockage but I think they're convinced that I can go or not go whenever I want. They said I was their poster child for good results from this surgery. I think the key is not only a good surgeon, but I was in terrific shape before the surgery. I did kegel exercises religiously many times a day, played golf 3 times a week, worked out at the gym another 3 times a week, sailed, walked, did whatever I could to stay physically fit. And putting yourself in a good mental and spiritual state helps tremendously as well, the guy above can do anything.

I told them I'd be glad to serve as a reference for other patients, but they said they don't want to use me because other patients may expect similar results.

Got my hospital bill today. A little over $15,000 for one day and one overnight at the hospital. That's just the hospital, I haven't gotten the surgeon's bill yet, I assume that will be another $10k or so. My cost share after insurance is just $250, glad I have insurance. The room itself was $1200 for one night, double occupancy. Frankly, I've had better rooms at Days Inns, didn't even have a window or a free newspaper. :)

Sure is a good motivator for keeping up with health insurance payments.

P.S. Almost forgot. Incontinence is a big issue with prostate surgery, at least for a few months. So far looks like I'm completely continent. As I said, this surgeon is awesome. The other issue is impotence, but the doc is hopeful there too, and I should know in 2-3 months. Even there, he says there's things they can do to fix the little guy. Maybe TMI.

No, not TMI. I appreciate you posting about it. DH has had his PSA test and the number was fine, but it's nice to hear about real world results and consequences.

No, not TMI. I appreciate you posting about it. DH has had his PSA test and the number was fine, but it's nice to hear about real world results and consequences.

Well, again if it's not TMI, I'm beginning to slowly recover that way as well. :whistle:

OTOH, I hope to get back to golf next week, so it may be irrelevant. ;)

Been away for a while, mainly playing golf. My first post-surgery PSA just came in at 0! Doc says I need to redo it every 3 months for a while, but this was a biggie. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes.

Surgery took 5 strokes off my golf game, though.

That is great news! :D

Uh oh....here I go. I'm gonna scuff up the screen and do a little dance....:dance:

Been away for a while, mainly playing golf. My first post-surgery PSA just came in at 0! Doc says I need to redo it every 3 months for a while, but this was a biggie. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes.

Surgery took 5 strokes off my golf game, though.

Damn, I'm going to ask my doc about getting this done whether I need it or not.;) Glad things are going well for you.

Back
Top Bottom