Removal of Thyroid

I know so many 55+ folks with hypothyroidism in my community, and most of us came from other locals. We all compare TSA,s and T-3/T-4's, great ice breaker.

I was diagnosed at an annual physical with no symptoms. $4 a month Levothyroxine, and I am good to go. Have my blood done yearly.

Glad it went well and that it's over with.

That surgeon better keep an I on his photo gallery -- bring out the family pics next Christmas and accidentally show your goiter... ;)

Yeah, wouldn't that be a treat for his family.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. BbbamI, I will keep you all in the know. I'm anxious to know how the meds will work for me and how hard it will be to get the correct dosage.

It's funny that before I was told I needed this surgery, I hadn't read or heard about anyone that needed it. But, while I was in the hospital, I found several people that knew someone that needed it. Sounds like there may be a thyroid "epidemic" of sorts going on.

I remember when I was in grade school there was a classmate that had a goiter and at that time they said that lack of iodine was the cause. That was many years ago and I don't think they say that much any more. I still am confused, by the iodine thing, that every time I buy salt I don't know what kind to buy.:blush:

Back
Top Bottom