Show down Tuesday ....

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Next Tuesday I have a follow up with my surgeon.

The last visit he threatened me with a follow up procedure... We put you out and we manually manipulate your knee to break up the scar tissue. I could bend my knee to 110 degrees and but couldn't get it straight "that's 90 percent....it is borderline." "Oh it will hurt" (no fooling) I said that is not happening.."You dont understand it can effect you hips and back.." I am not sure he was used to having a patient saying no. A few days later the physical therapist said " Dr xxxxx called me. He went over my therapy with her and suggested more aggressive therapy. I believe This doctor cares...

1) they have me lay belly down with my legs dangling off the table and they attach a 10lb weight to my ankle and have me lay there for 8 minutes. By the end of 8 minutes I am at the end of my endurance. When the alarm rings and they take the weight off I am totally spent and out of breath.

2) it is called electric stimulation they attach an electrode high up on my leg and one just above the knee. The juice lasts for 15 seconds during which the PT claims on a platform and uses her 110lbs to push my knee straight. Then there's 45 seconds of rest...each visit they turn up the juice. My suspicion is that the technique was developed by the Nazis during WW2... I'm sure you gathered It is a bit unpleasant but it's over after a half dozen or so jolts- maybe it is ten I lose count.

She's got met to 95% straight the surgeon said that was his goal ... I Am grateful

The cycle leaves me sore for two days - tonight is one of those nights. We did walk our pooch for 30 minutes this afternoon. I didn't think I was softie... I am beginning to wonder. I know Many have it worse.

I go back to work 2/1...

Did anyone ever tell you it is tuff to get old?
My treatment is some single malt

Last edited:
I got adhesive capsulitis in my shoulder and the physical therapist apologized for what he was going to do to me. Hurt like hell, but he prevented it from freezing and now I'm totally recovered.

Hope you do as well.

I got adhesive capsulitis in my shoulder and the physical therapist apologized for what he was going to do to me. Hurt like hell, but he prevented it from freezing and now I'm totally recovered.
Hope you do as well.

Many thanks...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum.

Back
Top Bottom