signing up insurance healthconnecter mass.

gerrym51

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have just completed signup for medical insurance using the massachusettes
healthconnecter-which is what Obamacare health exchanges are modeled on.

i assume the exchanges in other states will work the same way.

anyways you go to the site.

first thing is decide if you are going to apply for subsidies or not.

i'm getting no subsidies so i went to full boat pay section.

2. then you search all the available insurance plans and pick one.

3. click on one you picked.

4. fill out 3 page enrollment form

5.click ok and send to the connecter.

6. because i am enrolling out of the open enrollment period i have to furnish either a cobra letter or CCC or a letter from my current insurance company stating dates covered. since i am technically covered by old insurance until 3/31
it states starting date and currently covered. as long as the date on the letter(current date letter written) is within 62 days of my starting date 4/1.

and some verifications of address making me mass. resident-about 10 different verification choices to pick from. i faxed copies of these things to the connecter.

i gave them my e-mail but i got a pleasant call 2 days later from them saying aok and how do i want to pay.

i can pay montly by check, i can do every month single pay from my checking account electronically or i can use auto-pay.

easy as pie.

The one thing that surprised me however is that until it starts i have no actual contact with the insurance provider i picked. as far as i can tell my payments go to the connecter and i guess they handle paying my insurance provider.

i will say this was surprisingly easy.

gerry

Hi Gerry glad to hear this went well. I live in Mass and will doing this either this summer or next. May I ask which level plan you chose? It is so hard to figure out which will be most cost effective in the lom
In the long run if you actually need the insurance
Thanks
Nikki

Hi Gerry glad to hear this went well. I live in Mass and will doing this either this summer or next. May I ask which level plan you chose? It is so hard to figure out which will be most cost effective in the lom
In the long run if you actually need the insurance
Thanks
Nikki

i live in western mass.

HNE Essential 2000- which is a silver "other" plan-as if there were not enough with low-med-high

i don't know if you can get it if you do not live in western part of the state-not that it would be your choice anyway.

good luck

gerry

as an aside to my earlier post.

although after you enroll you deal exclusively with that particular insurance company except for 1 thing.

your payments continue to go to the connector(under obamacare the exchange)

Back
Top Bottom