Sonicare toothbrush heads - standard or compact?

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I've been using the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush and am very pleased with it. It's time to replace the heads and I will have to order online (can't find this model's heads around here). I see there are two types: standard and compact, and would like the same ones that came with the brush but don't know which that is - anyone know?

Edit: hmmm, now that I think about it, I suppose the "standard" head is probably what comes "standard" with the brush! I think I will order those and while I am at it, I will put in an order for some common sense, too :duh:

Last edited:
Go to Google. Click on "Images".

Search for Sonicare Diamondclean standard
And search for Sonicare Diamondclean compact

As you see there's a difference in size :) One of these probably looks like the head your tootbrush came with.

Not sure about the Diamondclean.... but the one that I use the standard has two curves... IOW, there are three high points on the brush.. the compact is only one curve with high points on both ends... that makes the standard twice as big at the brush end....

I use the compact, wife uses standard.... but, I have used standard before without much trouble...

It turns out that standard was correct - they arrived today. Time to brush my teeth!

It turns out that standard was correct - they arrived today. Time to brush my teeth!

Your OP was a week ago. I hope that you have been using the old brush head, and not "saving it up" until today.

NW-Bound said:
Your OP was a week ago. I hope that you have been using the old brush head, and not "saving it up" until today.

Ha! Yeah, and I've been eating lots of raw onions. Guess I've been a little "tough to be around" this week ;-)

Fine with me. It's the job of your wife, or mistress, or both to complain, not mine.

Still, I hope that as you now brush, some of your teeth don't just fall out along with some remnants of onion.

NW-Bound said:
Fine with me. It's the job of your wife, or mistress, or both to complain, not mine.

Still, I hope that as you now brush, some of your teeth don't just fall out along with some remnants of onion.

"But you'll have to have them all pulled out after the Savoy Truffle"?

Written by George Harrison for Eric Clapton, who apparently had a wicked sweet tooth!

We were not regular watchers of the "Ren and Stimpy" show back then, but I remember the toothache episode as we were surfing the cable channel one day. And I remember using the cartoon as an example to teach my children what happened to their teeth if they did not brush.

Just now, out of curiosity, searched and found that this show was acclaimed and credited with being the inspiration of later cartoons such as "Beavis and Butt-head" and "South Park" (which I did not watch either).

So, I surfed youtube and just watched a few more clips. Good Lord! I am glad my kids did not watch too many of "Ren and Stimpy". It's so weird and deranged!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom