TRICARE RX MOAA Survey results

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
As a TRICARE beneficiary who has had extensive RX experience, I am very satisfied with the pharmacy utilization that I have had. I am able to to fill all of my 8 RX for no cost and only have to travel about 5 minutes to pick them up. LBYM? You betcha!

What follows is from an MOAA email.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Defense Department could only wish that those who responded to last week's MOAA pharmacy survey represented a cross-section of all military beneficiaries. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maybe it's the demographics of MOAA legislative update subscribers, maybe it was the way we worded the survey invitation, or maybe our subscribers just like saving money, but our survey respondents showed a far higher utilization of TRICARE’s home-delivery (mail-order) pharmacy program than the beneficiary population as a whole. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of the approximately 7,700 who took the survey, 64% had tried the home-delivery system, and 45% said they use it as their primary source of maintenance medications. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of those who tried it, 18% reported being "mostly satisfied" and a whopping 69% "very satisfied" with the program. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]91% said they liked the convenience of having medications delivered to their home, 78% cited the ease of managing prescriptions by web or phone, and 73% liked the 67% copay savings compared to retail pharmacy use. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asked what the home-delivery users disliked about the program, 68% said "Nothing; I've been very happy with it." The most frequent specific problem cited (by only 9%) was "difficulty with telephone/computer support." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The most frequent reason cited by those who hadn't yet tried the home-delivery system was preference for the flexibility of the local military/retail/VA pharmacy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View full survey results.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

As a TRICARE beneficiary who has had extensive RX experience, I am very satisfied with the pharmacy utilization that I have had. I am able to to fill all of my 8 RX for no cost and only have to travel about 5 minutes to pick them up. LBYM? You betcha!

What follows is from an MOAA email.

I received the same MOAA email that you did earlier today. I participated in the survey and gave the TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy (TMOP) high marks. I use 3 maintenance drugs and get the 90 day supplies by mail at minimal cost and with no hassle. I am very happy I'll be able to continue to use TMOP in a couple of months when I turn 65 and have to go on Medicare.

When you say you fill your 8 RX at no cost, do you mean you use TMOP or a Military Treatment Facility (MTF) pharmacy? If you're getting them at no cost through TMOP, you know something I don't. (I have no MTFs near me.)

Spouse and I are getting absolutely pelted with TRICARE mailings and MOAA e-mails about using the TMOP.

The only catch is that we don't take prescription medications.

Hmmm... I wonder how much TRICARE is spending on bulk mail... maybe I can see another cost-saving in an overlooked area...

Back
Top Bottom