Join Early Retirement Today
Old 04-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Just got a call from the radiologist office:

My lateral ligaments on the foot are torn

My inner ligaments are stretched (sprained)

Possible chip fracture in the medial part of the foot

Cartilage defect near the bone chip site.

He said the "only" thing I didn't do was tear a tendon......

Sounds like surgery and a long rehab.......
I had an injury similar to yours about 35 years ago when I was 18. Was running on a trail 4 miles in the woods and twisted the ankle on an outcropping rock and tree roots. Made it back to my car and drove to the ER. Got casted after the XRay at the hospital, saw some shadows but no break. Had the cast for two days when it swelled so bad I was ready to saw the darn thing off myself, had the Ortho remove it. I told him heck if its is not broken no cast and no surgery. Little by little the swelling went down, I was walking on it gingerly for a few weeks but was exercising through the injury. It will get better. Good luck.

newguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #22

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Best of luck with it. I did something similar in my 20's. Took a long time to heal properly so be patient and do what the pyhsio tells you.

Retired in Jan, 2010 at 55
Now it's adventure before dementia
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Why did it take 2 weeks to find out what was up. When I broke my ankle in March I was in surgery the day after I went to the emergency room. Interesting coincidence - I had just returned from a Phoenix / Sedona trip. Good luck with that.
I wish I knew. Sounded like some BS to me. When I went to urgent care, the doc did some tests to see if my Achilles was ruptured (wasn't), and did some X-rays. The he gave me one of those air casts where it supports both sides of the foot and let me go. I was able to drive with that.

I got a call two days later saying the radiologist saw some stuff on the X-ray they didn't like. I went in to see the orthopedic physician's assistant that recommended the full boot aircast and ordered an MRI.

They said I needed a week to get the MRI because they had to "pre-approve" it with my insurance company. I had the MRI last Wednesday, and heard about the results on Friday. Today at 2:00pm I see the orthopedic guy. I'm going to tell him that if I need surgery, I want it scheduled THIS WEEK. I can't rehab anything with this full boot cast on, so I am getting frustrated.........
Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Get 'em FDude. Keep us posted.

There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote