Waist to height ratio 'more accurate than BMI'

I thought this was only happening with women's clothing (where I magically went from a size 12 to a size 6 without losing any weight). Didn't realize "vanity sizing" had hit men's clothing, too....then again, why not.

A.

For those of you who just took your pants size and divided by your height, you may want to get out the measuring tape. The clothing industry has been gaming sizes for years, knowing that many people will prefer the pants where they fit into the 'smaller' size.

In other words your 34in jeans probably aren't 34"....

I am really, really short waisted. My BMI is 20, but I still have belly fat. Perhaps they will invent a waist extension surgery :LOL:

The model in the picture in the article has a nice waist. I hope she is taller than 5'4"!

I was relaying this new less than 50% ratio to DW (who is a registered dietitian) and gave a bit of a stare at her pear shape. She responded "That isn't nice." Lucky to be alive.

I may have been less than 50% when we got married, but that ship sailed long ago I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I was relaying this new less than 50% ratio to DW (who is a registered dietitian) and gave a bit of a stare at her pear shape. She responded "That isn't nice." Lucky to be alive.

By God's grace you are alive, are you done setting off nuclear warheads for now? :LOL::facepalm:

Have often heard that the extra pounds in the "pear shaped" build can be protective against osteoporosis and other ailments that disproportionately afflict the thin, while not having the bad effects of the belly spare tire. So give a nice long admiring look to that healthy pear shape!

A.

The model in the picture in the article has a nice waist. I hope she is taller than 5'4"!

I may have been less than 50% when we got married, but that ship sailed long ago I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom